Thanks for posting this here. I hope you can get a better response than you did elsewhere.
White, female, age 50
1. Where did you grow up on the west side? How has it changed in that time?
Bridgetown. In the 70s and 80s, there were many subdivisions built, but that has stopped except for the occasional McMansion.
2. What is your particular neighborhood like?
I now live in Sayler Park. It's mixed racially and economically. There are huge mansions and apartments with Section 8 housing in the same block. There are a lot of empty bungalows and small ranches and apartments, and some of them are getting very run-down. Also, there always seems to be trash around.
But the trees around here are spectacular.
3. What is your favorite part of the west side?
My favorite places to go are Rave Western Hills Cinema, the Cabana restaurant in Sayler Park and Delhi Library.
4. Do you believe the west side has a certain culture to it? How so...?
I am pleading the fifth......
5. What do you dislike most about the west side? How could it be improved?
I would love to shop at more department stores. More importantly, every bookstore is gone: Waldenbooks, Northgate Borders, Northgate B Dalton and Media Play. I wish there was an antique mall. I hate that Danbarry Cinema Western Hills converted from second-run to first-run--I used to go there almost every week but I haven't been since last spring. I've seen a lot fewer movies this year.
6. Which side of Cincinnati is better and why?
No matter what the answer, it will be wrong. I think this is a silly question. It's like asking which is better, Saturn or Jupiter?
7. Are people on the west side stereotyped in any way? How so...?
Well, as you've noticed from the comments at city-data, we're fat, close-minded, inbred, too Catholic, too Republican, racist, homophobic.......and the houses are ugly.
8. Is there anything else you?d like to add?
I wish the sex ratio were more even. It's always been difficult meeting men here, because the women/men ratio is about 60/40.