Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 07:55 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
Craft Beer in Cincinnati

Anyone know of good local craft beer/brew pubs in the area. I'm from the West side and their isn't much over this way. I've been to Rock Bottom and the Dilly Deli over in Mariemont, and can't wait for the Christian Moerlein Lager House to open, but does anyone know of any others?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:48 PM  

Indianapolis, IN
I miss the Barrelhouse downtown - that long gone now. What about Hofbrau Haus down in Newport?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 PM  

Yeah Hofbrauhaus was the first thing that came to mind for me. Been almost 2 years since I've lived there. I know there are at least a couple bars with a decent beer list, but I'm blanking on names right now.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:44 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
Brew pubs? Other than Rock Bottom and Hofbrauhaus, you're kind of SOL.

But there are plenty of places that have a great selection of craft beers, all over town (I also live on the West Side, and haven't found many great places yet).

Craft Beer pubs across town I've found:

Northside: The Comet, Northside Tavern
Clifton: Fries Cafe (on Jefferson Ave)
Covington: Village Pub (Mainstrasse)
Mt. Lookout: The Stand (Mt Lookout Square. gets loud and crowded on weekends though)
Hyde Park: Dutch's Bar & Bottle Shop (near the Police Station on Erie...probably my favorite out of the bunch)
Old 11-19-2010, 08:08 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
I'm going to throw in another name in the ring here.

In O'bryonville where the old art of entertaining was (across from the smoke shop and coffee shop) they bought the old wine store and have started carrying good beer and having very reasonably priced beer tastings.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:39 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
There a little place in Norwood that has great burgers and a great selection of beers. I think it's called Gordo's. You should check that one out.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
RockBottom is good if you don't mind downtown. I agree with the other posts about local tap houses. for locally-brewed beer from the store, we have Rivertown, Mt. Carmel, and Listermann.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:00 PM  

Wyoming, OH
Rock Bottom is a good choice. You can never go wrong at BJ's. I know it's a chain and the prices are a little high, but the beer is always good.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Some more bars with great beer selections on tap and in bottles are in my neighborhood (Over the Rhine)
Neon's (right off main street) Great place overall and has a killer selection of beers. My favorite
MOTR Pub on Main street: Newer, but has a great selection of beer already, they are also a music venue so lots of oppurtunities for beer and music
Senate on Vine: A restaurant/bar. Awesome food and pretty good beer selection too, kind of pricey, but the food is worth at least one visit.
The Lackman on Vine: New bar, upscale feel, pretty good beer selection.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:51 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Not technically cincy, The cock and Bull has an incredible selection. The location in covington has more beers than the one in sharonville.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!