Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
New Movie Theater in Kenwood

Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know the old movie theater in the Kenwood mall closed a while ago, but today is the opening night for the new theater. It is owned and operated by the same group that runs the Esquire and Mareimont Theater. It is located right next to the Dewey's Pizza and like the other locations does not mind (from what I have heard) if you bring in beverages (adult or otherwise) and/or snacks. They may even have a bar inside. I'd go check it out this weekend, but I have the in-laws coming and need to brew a batch of beer.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM  

CINCINNATI, OHIO
Kenwood theater's the way to go! At least that's the way my teenage son puts it. He and his buddies took in Tron there on Friday. It's a classy place! Kenwood has been lacking a theater for a few years. I'm just sorry to see the $10.00 price tag for a good adult ticket as I saw in today's paper, that has to shock people my parents' age who remember tickets @ less than a buck!

Old 12-30-2010, 08:16 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
I read some posts over at woxy.com that describe bad experiences at the Kenwood Theater. Problems with the projector and sound, which were happening over multiple movie showings (indicating a possibly clueless management). Has anyone been there over the last week or so? Thanks.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:36 PM  

Cincinnati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by promisedplanet View Post
I read some posts over at woxy.com that describe bad experiences at the Kenwood Theater. Problems with the projector and sound, which were happening over multiple movie showings (indicating a possibly clueless management). Has anyone been there over the last week or so? Thanks.
I have not been there yet, but some perspective. That could describe AMC at Newport for me. Went to see a special Back to the Future presentation, no audio at the beginning. Friend went to see Tron, the preshow stuff (before lights dim) didn't work, and a vent rattled. I went a few days later, same issue.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpeters11 View Post
I have not been there yet, but some perspective. That could describe AMC at Newport for me. Went to see a special Back to the Future presentation, no audio at the beginning. Friend went to see Tron, the preshow stuff (before lights dim) didn't work, and a vent rattled. I went a few days later, same issue.
Interesting. I've never had a problem at Newport. Hopefully that's not going to be an ongoing problem, though it seems like Newport on the Levee is on a slow decline in general.

Anyway, I took my chances and went to the Kenwood Theater on Thursday night to see "True Grit". No problems with audio or video. I also noted that the staff there seemed genuinely friendly ... not a priority for most people but I've always appreciated it.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:04 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by promisedplanet View Post
Interesting. I've never had a problem at Newport. Hopefully that's not going to be an ongoing problem, though it seems like Newport on the Levee is on a slow decline in general.

Anyway, I took my chances and went to the Kenwood Theater on Thursday night to see "True Grit". No problems with audio or video. I also noted that the staff there seemed genuinely friendly ... not a priority for most people but I've always appreciated it.
I informed the customer service desk, was told it was because the IMAX theater had big speakers. I eventually was able to get in contact with the operations manager, who wrote me a nice note saying that they were looking into the issue, and included coupons that some of which were expired.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads