Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2011, 08:41 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Pipe & Cigar Stores

People who smoke pipe and cigars probably already know about these locations, but for those new to the scene or just moving to the area, here are a few locations to buy tobacco, pipes, cigars, etc.

Strauss Tobacconist - A great spot. Friendly folks. You can smoke inside too. They've got a great humidor and lots of loose tobacco to choose from. The pipe selection isn't great, but they can order pretty much anything for you. Straus Tobacconist - Tobacco Pipes, Pipe Tobacco, Lighters, Video Tutorials...

Cincinnati Tobacconist - Just the other side of Fountain Square from Straus Tobacconist. I like this place. The ambience in the store isn't as cramped as Straus. There's a refinement and relaxed feel to it. The selection is basically the same as Strauss but they have their own pipe tobacco blends. Their one drawback is their lack of beer and wine, which makes Straus a one-stop vice shop and perhaps explains why they lead in local carcinogenic fame. Like Strauss you can smoke inside.

Tinderbox - In the Tri-County mall. It's a basic shop, but they do have a pretty good selection of pipes. I haven't been there in a while, but I do enjoy their tobaccos. Always fresh and the guys that work there are friendly. They do sell other crap like hookahs, swords, and junk like that. So it's not a "Tobacco Shop" only. Good to stop in, buy your stuff and leave. You cannot smoke at the Tinderbox.

Party Source - It's over in Kentucky, just across the river off I-471. They've got a decent selection of cigars. Not much in the way of pipe tobacco other than the giant discount bags of crap. But their cigar selection isn't bad. Personally, if I'm looking for cigars and I need recommendations, head to Strauss or Cincinnati Tobacconist.

Just a few locations, but hopefully it'll prove helpful to some.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:57 PM  
JCW

For pipes, estate pipes(both to buy and sell), bulk pipe tobacco and smoking accessories, The Carrousel Keyers Tobacco Shoppe, at 8001 Reading Rd(in the old Carrousel Motel near the intersection of Galbraith&Reading) is a much better option than any of the stores listed above. They allow smoking in their store and you can sample their pipe tobacco before making a decision to buy it. Cincinnati Tobacconist(Pat) which is now out of business started work at the Carrousel and all of the pipes that they carried were on consignment from the Carrousel Tobacco Shoppe. Pat is still a personal friend of Arnold's(owner of Carrousel). Carrousel does carry a broad line of premium cigars, but not nearly as many as Party Source or Jungle Jims(although Carrousel's prices are better than Jungles).

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!