Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2018, 06:20 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
the kitchen factory

Despite its odd name, the Kitchen Factory on Chase Street in Northside is a pizza place. Its pizzas are huge in diameter, but don't leave you feeling as stuffed because the crusts are very thin. You can order vegetarian pizzas, but we got a three vegetable pizza with regular cheese.
It was excellent and there was plenty left over to take out. One thing we really liked was that the drinks are bottled Mexican products, so I got a delicious Mexican Coke to pour over ice. I will have to return to Kitchen Factory on a very hot day because that is when Mexican Coke can be intoxicating!

http://kitchenfactorynorthside.com/

Old 05-15-2019, 01:16 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
wishbone tavern

Wishbone Tavern is a sports bar in a strip mall in Delhi. It has very large burgers which are discounted during weekday lunch hours.
Like so many bars, this one is dark inside, but with shiny black walls instead of the usual dark brown paneling. There is a lot of chrome silver trim and a covered area outside to eat.

https://www.facebook.com/Wishbone-Ta...3256515443496/

Old 05-28-2019, 07:21 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
k dot's is now mac's

I don't know when K Dot's on Westbourne Drive in Bridgetown changed hands. It is now called Mac's.
I stopped there Tuesday afternoon for a late lunch and ordered a grilled chicken sandwich. The chicken was overcooked and the sandwich was pretty tasteless. The three young employees were kind of rude and I had to wave my hands a few times to get their attention--they were sitting at another table just chatting.
I won't be back.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:17 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
dewey's pizza

I don't know if Dewey's Pizza is a chain or not. We went to the one on Harrison Avenue in Dent last week. I had never been there before.
My friend warned me in advance that the place was just one big room so it is noisy inside. Not good for a quiet conversation.
We split a pizza. My side had the traditional tomato sauce, but it also had my favorites of pepperoni, black olives and mushrooms, plus onions. I really liked it. Jenny's side had white provolone cheese and white sauce and garlic, and I thought it was kind of tasteless, not to mention that it wasn't very appetizing looking to me. But Jenny loved it!
Old 02-19-2020, 05:43 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
buddha barn

Buddha Barn, which serves Thai food, is an unlikely restaurant to find in Sayler Park, but it is always busy and I've been there twice in the past month. The prices are reasonable--the noodle and/or rice dishes are about $15 and you almost always take some home. I haven't tried any of the pricier dinners, nor have I ordered anything beyond a 1 in spiciness. You can get from 1-10 in your order. I'm a wimp My sister ordered a 4 for her meal and said it tasted fine to her, but it would have burnt my tongue and made me choke.
http://www.buddhabarnthai.com/
Old 10-14-2020, 07:22 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
FN Goode

FN Goode sells only chicken tenders, cole slaw and dipping sauces. It is a dark restaurant in a strip center on Crookshank Road. I think you used to be able to eat inside, but now the tables are pushed aside and it is only carryout.
We thought the order we got was very good. This is one of a number of small restaurants that we've tried since the pandemic began.
Here is the website.
http://www.fngoodechicken.com/
I am not sure if the name of the restaurant refers to its owner/founder or if it is supposed to be a vulgar pun. Ironically, we had never heard of the place until we saw in a Catholic Church bulletin that the restaurant was having a day where 20 percent of its proceeds was going to the church that day! That's how we found out about FN Goode.
As I've mentioned before, private family-owned restaurants around here tend to be very dark inside and in less-than-stellar neighborhoods.
Old 01-16-2021, 07:10 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
biggby coffee

The Michigan-based Biggby Coffee chain opened its second Cincinnati area location last fall on North Bend Road in Monfort Heights. Yesterday I went there to get dinner. It has carry-out, drive-thru and booth seating. I lucked out in that it was National Bagel Day and its bagel sandwiches were half off.
I ordered a cold non-coffee drink for myself called a Peach Freeze, but it had many more fruits inside than just peach flavoring. I got the smallest size and that was a good thing because I never could have finished a larger cup. I also ordered a small hot vanilla mocha for my mother, which she liked a lot.
The bagels were a little chewy but I guess all of them are that way. They make huge sandwiches which are good but not outstanding, but that was fine because I've been eating bland food this week anyway.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:04 AM  
Administrator

Ohio
Jocko's

I wanted to eat at a sit-down family-owned restaurant while garage-saling on U.S. 127 for the World's Longest Yard Sale. Such places are actually rare on the road between Cincinnati and Hamilton.
I finally discovered such a place. It is called Jocko's. Here is the website.
https://jockosworldfamous.com/
I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, which came on a bun and was huge. I was hungry, though, and ate all of it. I was disappointed in the dessert, though. I ordered a piece of chocolate cake, but it was not real cake; it was a pre-packaged thing from Sara Lee.
This restaurant serves only chicken and fish, and has both eat-in and a drive-through. It was busy the entire time I was there, although it may have been because so many people were out driving.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:28 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
Barnesburg Tavern and Grill

My sisters have eaten at Barnesburg Tavern and Grill on Springdale Road numerous times but this past Monday was the first time my mother and I visited.
It was Labor Day afternoon and most family-owned restaurants in town were closed. Barnesburg opened at 3 p.m. so we went there for an early supper. Probably because it was one of the few places that were open, the restaurant was fairly busy.
The menu is large and varied. I got a turkey wrap which was delicious and Mom got her usual fish sandwich, which was also good and very large and she couldn't finish it.
The place is somewhat dark inside. The bar at the other end looked pretty busy too.
https://www.barnesburgtavernandgrille.com/
Old 05-04-2023, 12:05 PM  
Administrator

Ohio
stephens old village

The fried eggs and sausage I had at Stephens Old Village Restaurant were delicious. However, the rest of the order was incorrect. I had ordered home fries and wheat toast. I didn't realize that what I was given was hash browns until I started eating it, nor did I pay close attention to the slices of toasted bread until I realized that I had received plain old white bread. So I was disappointed about that.
The restaurant is one of the little family diners in Cheviot, at 3323 Harrison Ave. Maybe one of you will have better luck with your breakfast.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!