Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Click Here to Login

Old 12-28-2010, 09:03 PM  

Loveland, OH
I agree about 71, drivers are not very polite when merging.

Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 PM  

Loveland, OH
I agree about 71, drivers are not very polite when merging. On the evening commute I avoid 71 at all cost.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:19 AM  

Cincinnati, OH
I moved here from Boston, and I know we're not comparing Cincinnati drivers to drivers in other parts of the country, but I'll do it anyway. People here are much more polite, but not quite as skilled in reaction time, or staying in the lane that's appropriate for the speed they're traveling.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:07 PM  

Morrow, Ohio
Cincinnati has the WORST Drivers

I've given in. After trying to put up with other drivers in the Cincinnati area, I've decided is futile. So now, I talk on my phone, get on the interstate doing 40 or so - then accelerate to 75, don't turn right on red when there's room - I wait until somone's coming then pull out in front of them, I hang in the left lane until someone passes me, then pass them back, I drive with my brights on all the time, I texyt at the stop light just long enough so the guy behind me catches the next red light, I merge across as many lanes as I can - at the last minute, and I read the paper while I drive to work.

Just kidding - but it must be the right thing to do since SO many people drive just like that.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 AM  

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM View Post
I live in Green Township and work off of Mason-Montgomery Rd. I drive 74, 75, the lateral (or RR), then 71. 75 is tight and full but moves OK if it can. 71 has more lanes and more A-holes. They will speed up to block you or hang out in the left lane and talk on the phone. I hate 71.
I am from the Cheviot area and also work right down the road form Kings Island.
The most consistent way I have found to drive to work is to take back roads to Blue Rock rd. then hit 275 to 71. Going that way, according to Google, is only like 1-2 miles longer of a trip but it does seem to be a lot better than 75 and definitely 71 during rush hour.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:43 PM  

Petersburg, Kentucky
I used to drive 75 from Ft. Wright in KY, all the way up to Miamisburg for work. 75 was allways very congested from the minute I got on the highway until the GE/i275 area, then it freed up. It was also pretty much the same story on the way home. Now I am out in Boone County, so I take 275 around the west to 75. I really don't see much traffic at all, except for a small back up before reaching the Colerain area.

If you can avoid 71/75 without making too much of a detour, it is likely worth it.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:19 PM  

cincinnati, Ky
I agree that 75 does suck but most of the time it is due to idiots not knowing how to properly drive. Drivers need to go the speed limit, not drive 50 when getting on the interstate and only use the left lane for passing (it is called the passing lane for passers not passees). I prefer to drive early in the morning before these idiots get on the road unfortunately I often have to battle them on the way home.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:15 AM  

West Chester, Ohio
Can't Merge

I've lived in Dayton and commuted to Sharonville on 75. Not too bad a communte, but that was 14 years ago. Then I communted from Cin-Day to Sharon on 75, so slow because of the 275/75 interchange. Then the commute to Padock, rediculous, or so I thought. Then the communte on 75/275/71 to Montgomery. Thought I was going to kill someone (a little road rage). Chicago seems easier.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
Bookmark this Page!