Contest Rules Version 2.9
1. In order to be entered, post your best picture(s) in the active contest thread for that month. Each entrant is allowed up to three pictures.
2. If more than three images are posted by a participant, only the first three will be considered. There is a little leeway in this rule in the event of exceptional circumstances.
3. The pictures must be from your camera, or the camera of a friend. Googled images will not be considered and will be deleted.
4. You have a full month to submit your entries. You can submit pictures one at a time, all at once, or any combination thereof.
5. At the end of the month, an announcement will be made that the thread is closed for new entries.
6. A panel of judges will select the top ten entries, and a public voting thread will be opened to vote for the Picture of the Month from the top ten. You have a month to vote.
7. At the end of each month when the voting thread closes, a winner will be announced. The winner will receive a FREE 1 Year Premium Membership to CP. If the winner is already a Premium Member, they can extend their membership for an additional year from the date of the announcement or gift a 1 Year Premium Membership to someone else.
8. Each year, the monthly winners will be entered in a Picture of the Year competition. The winner of the Picture of the Year Competition will receive a Lifetime Membership to CP, a bunch of CP stickers, and very possibly worldwide fame.
Anything goes, but picture quality, artistic merit and degree of relevance to the overall City Profile theme are important judging criteria, as is any commentary that may go along with a picture.
All pictures will be re-sized to 800 x 600 for the voting thread, so you might as well submit in that format.
If you post a picture and want to change your entry before the voting starts, PM me and we will do our best to accommodate you. There's no guarantee for last minute requests.
These rules are subject to change, so please check back once in a while. CP will indicate rule changes by raising the revision level in the title of this thread.
If anyone has suggestions or comments post them up or send me a PM.
Алекс says don't drink and derive