Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 08:51 AM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Its not that he did it, its how he did it. the national TV thing didnt bother me, I mean, everytime a cleveland team plays on national TV we lose so I am over that part. Its the fact that he dragged it out so long to the point where all of the good free agents were gone. If he would have at least spoke with the owner about it things could have been different. However, he was spoiled rotten by the CAVS front management staff, they gave him everything he wanted, even had the practice court built close to his home for him. This is why Danny Ferry left, he warned Dan Gilbert and the coaching staff that if they continue to coddle him he would get too cocky and be more powerful then the owner, coaching staff, city. Dan Gilbert saw this as being counterproductive and pretty much they agreed to part ways. Danny Ferry was right.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:42 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Hah, nice. Good ol' fashioned simple thinking.

Are you in Afghan right now, man? What unit are you with?

I'm in the Corps.
ya, 92nd EN BN

Old 10-16-2010, 02:12 AM  

Canton, OH
He certainly handled it poorly. I lost a lot of respect for him as a pillar of the Cleveland community and as a player in general. Not saying I won't be curious to watch a game or two of the Miami Heat because that amount of talent on one team doesn't happen often. However, I won't be a bandwagon jumper.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:29 AM  

cleveland, ohio
he shouldnt have kept us on the edge like that. if he knew what he was going to do then why not tell us instead of waiting til the last minute?
Old 10-16-2010, 11:02 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
or just told us first, instead of telling the entire nation at the same time. no respect for his home team.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-23-2010, 05:56 PM  

Toledo, OH
He's young. He made a mistake by doing that ESPN special. I have no love for Lebron, but I don't hate him either. He's a man like any other, it just so happens he makes a lot of money.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM  

Windsor, ohio
Can't stand the guy - see ya! I happened to be staying in the hotel he was in to sign his contract the weekend Cleveland signed him...back in 03' I believe it was. He was a total jerk even then! Threw a fit at the Hotel bar because they wouldn't serve him. He was of course underage so can you blame them? Threw the ol' "Don't you know who I am" speach. His head has only gotten bigger :O/
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM  

San Diego, CA
Good for him, really... people change jobs, relocate for their reasons all the time.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:18 AM  
Vykyng!!! Nordic Warriors

Peoria, Arizona
i'd stopped watching basketball for about 5 years, but lebron was starting to reel me back in. but since he did this, i'm done again. i don't watch the games, highlights, nothing about it.

you wouldn't believe the amount of time and money i've saved over those 5 years by not having anything to do with pro sports. let's just say that my kids have had some killer christmas's! and i'm one of 3 people on my street that still has a house! the rest are gone!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:51 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by udo4accept View Post
i'd stopped watching basketball for about 5 years, but lebron was starting to reel me back in. but since he did this, i'm done again. i don't watch the games, highlights, nothing about it.

you wouldn't believe the amount of time and money i've saved over those 5 years by not having anything to do with pro sports. let's just say that my kids have had some killer christmas's! and i'm one of 3 people on my street that still has a house! the rest are gone!

haha surely there were more factors than pro sports that made people lose their houses - well, I'd hope so, at least!

I'm just like you, though. I actually got cable again for LeBron's last season with the Cavs. But after he pulled what he did, we got rid of cable again, and haven't looked back since!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Bookmark this Page!