Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2010, 03:21 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Used Video Game Stores

I'm need the name of a place that buys and sells used video games. I'm moving soon and I want to unload, but I would also like to pick up a couple of new ones.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
Game Stop and Buy Backs are the two places I usually go.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:45 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I, too, have heard good things about Buybacks. When I lived in Cleveland they still had GameCrazy - I don't know if that went out of business, though.

When they were around,they gave more for trade-in games than GameStop, and also their used games were $5-$10 cheaper. And they had the same membership-type program for 10% off/10% more on trade ins.

Hah don't I sound like an infomercial. Anyhow, I don't even know if they're still around.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-20-2010, 06:38 PM  

Akron, OH
Another good one would be "The Exchange" which is a local/regional video game, movie and music store. Buys/sells new and used. Look up on google maps for a location near you. They've never had a decent web site as each one is independently owned.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
The Exchange at 15100 Detroit Ave in Lakewood is pretty good. I can't honestly say how well they do for games (as I've never bought/sold games there) but they are very good about vinyl/dvd's/cd's.

Give 'em a call(216) 521-0045
Old 01-09-2011, 11:13 AM  

Chardon, Ohio
I go to Buybacks. Gamestop for me is a last resort. Buybacks in my experience buys for more, sells for less and has always been courteous and been willing to resolve issues.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:48 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
My son took 7 Wii games into Gamestop and only got a $40 store credit. Some of the other places will give you more return for your stuff.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
game stop up at kamms corner
Old 01-23-2011, 02:30 PM  

Avon, Ohio
buybacks in elyria
Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 AM  

Video game sales

My best experience for selling a large collection of video games has been with Columbus Game Buyer. They offered me much better prices that the other video game stores and even made offers on some of my older games and consoles that Gamestop wasn't interested in. The only thing is they don't have a store (I think they sell online or something), but they do local pickups and they pay cash. Really nice guys and I would highly recommend them.

You can email them at columbus.game.buyer@gmail.com. The guy I sold to said that they had a location in Cleveland as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Bookmark this Page!