Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2010, 09:15 PM  

Cleveland, Ohio
I live one block from the lake...hopefully the snow passes right over....

Old 10-15-2010, 06:53 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
just dont forget one MAJOR thing. your have 4wd to get you going but same 4 as everyone else stopping

Old 10-16-2010, 02:13 AM  

Canton, OH
Every year once the warmer weather is gone, I can't wait for some snow to fall just to get the Jeep back in it. Lots of fun times rolling through the city streets after a heavy snow to help out a few less fortunate.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:22 AM  

cleveland, ohio
the only thing i dont like about all this snow is how much salt gets on your vehicle. my jeep's rocker panels are rusting out because of it.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 PM  

Cleveland, OH
The snow is the best thing about Cleveland. Last winter I was in a 335i coupe - looking forward to rolling around the snow in a Rubi this winter!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 PM  

Fleming, Ohio
The fact is that people think that Cleveland gets a ton of snow. Well, that may be somewhat true, but when you look out to the "snow belt", they get 4-6 times what Cleveland gets. The closer you are to the lake, the less "Lake Effect Snow" you get. Once the lake freezes (in the years it does), there is no more moisture to be had. The big issue is the huge squalls that show up when there is moisture to be had off the lake. The "Lake Effect Snow" comes when there is little moisture and it builds up as a storm moves inland. The moisture is not heavy enough to fall as snow until it gets to Chardon...
Old 11-03-2010, 01:01 PM  

Windsor, ohio
I had a Pontiac Sunfire and believe it or not - it was AWESOME in the snow! I now have a Jeep and it actually is harder to control - even in 4 wheel. Oh well - New tires should help!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 PM  

Windsor, ohio
I live in the Snow Belt - I know what you mean! :O)
Old 11-04-2010, 11:22 AM  
Vykyng!!! Nordic Warriors

Peoria, Arizona
i lived in Norwalk for 19 years. i remember days (and nights) of shoveling my driveway, our neighbors, then my grandma's. i'd walk back to my house and have to start all over again!!! man, i hated that. but i've been gone from weather for 29 years now. i miss and want to move back to it! the seasons and holidays here in phoenix just aren't the same. not even close!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:24 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrlyBabe4 View Post
I had a Pontiac Sunfire and believe it or not - it was AWESOME in the snow! I now have a Jeep and it actually is harder to control - even in 4 wheel. Oh well - New tires should help!
Big mud tires suck in the snow and ice. Tall and narrow AT tires work very well. Snow tires work very well, but are overkill, IMHO.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Bookmark this Page!