Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2010, 09:06 PM  

Clayton, North Carolina
How many in CS?

I visited CS from NC last month and enjoyed myself greatly, weather was very similar other than you lacked humidity(WOO what a relief).

The town was extremely small and it surprised me, how many people live in CS?

I enjoyed my visit, farthest west I have ever gone before.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM  

colorado springs, colorado
360890 is the population of the springs, from what i found when i googled it. im assuming that was wht you were asking..

Old 10-07-2010, 03:35 PM  

Colorado springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmack View Post
360890 is the population of the springs, from what i found when i googled it. im assuming that was wht you were asking..
Plus quite a few in surrounding areas
Fountain,Manitou Springs, Black Forest, Falcon, Woodland Park, etc...
Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 PM  

Punxsutawney PA, Pennsylvania
i sure miss the Springs, lived there 7 years on and off. Moved back to PA five years ago for family reasons. I'd love to move back out there.

I miss seeing the peak every day, and strolling through Garden of the Gods on a Sunday afternoon...

I just had a yearning today while at work. The place feels like a second home to me, something very grounding about the place...
Old 10-08-2010, 02:26 PM  

colorado springs, Colorado
I would say more than 360k, you have to count people that live outside city limits but in city annex's or the whole C/S metro area i wouldsay closer to 500K+.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:34 PM  

Peyton, Colorado
I'm with FRAGOUT, there's got to be more than 360,000 people in Colorado Springs. I've lived in Colorado for over 20 years and I've watched CS grow and grow. I'm more in line with the 500,000 plus as far as the population. I moved out of CS, although I work on the south side of town, to a small town northeast called Peyton. I was born and raised in the country (Indiana) and I guess this is kind of going back to my roots!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 AM  

colorado springs, colorado
That depends what your thinking of colorado springs as. are you just wanting in the city limits. or all the surrounding area too?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:50 AM  

Loveland, Colorado
I've lived in Colorado for 37 years, I would say that the Springs is the 2nd or 3rd largest city in the state, behind Denver, and possibly Fort Collins. I wouldn't know the population, but C.S. is pretty spread out and has a lot to offer for tourists. Come back for a week and check out the attractions, you will find it is quite large.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:41 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
The great thing about the springs is that the population is spread over a very large area, and as population increases the boundaries of the city spread with it. We don't have any really major boundaries to outward growth so you don't get the population consolidation you get with other larger cities.

I have to agree with your statement on the humidity, every time I go back east to visit family I can't wait to get back home to the dry air.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
We relocated from PA a couple years ago and I would definitely count the surrounding areas with the population. Once you pass those surrounding areas there's nothing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!