Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-10-2010, 05:05 PM  
rik

Middle, Tennessee
Snow in Early December

I am looking to travel around the Colorado Springs area in early December. Should I expect snow or is it rare to have snow on the ground during that time period.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:43 PM  

Golden, CO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
I am looking to travel around the Colorado Springs area in early December. Should I expect snow or is it rare to have snow on the ground during that time period.
In town, maybe not but in the foothills and mountains at elevations above the City, Yes.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:33 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
The weather at lower elevations in Colorado changes from 1 day to the next. It's not uncommon to have snow in December, but it rarely lasts more than a day. Some of the fast moving winter storms can cause some serious issues along the I-25 corridor North of Colorado Springs, but its rarely bad in town.

Our heavier snow months tend to be Feb/Mar/Apr
Old 11-18-2010, 10:33 AM  

Colorado Springs, CO
In the past two years we've had snow in May and shorts-wearing weather in December. You can't trust the weather reports around here. You never know what you'll get.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:57 PM  

Yoder, Colorado
Suppose to be a fairly light winter. But like stated in other posts, you never know from one day to the next. Mountains are getting a good amount right now.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:34 PM  

Walburg
When my family moved there schools and the City closed in September from a snow. Power lines were down and the snow plows were still in storage. After the desert and Yuma AZ I thought I was in heaven.. snow shoeing in the City in Sept.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:41 AM  

Colorado Springs, CO
This year we have not had much of any snow, even north of the Springs. However, snow can come at any time from Sept - May. That being said, snow in the "cold months" Dec - Feb is rarely very large and usually melts the next day.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:57 AM  

Pueblo, Colorado
weve gotten no more then a dusting down in pueblo
Old 01-14-2011, 12:35 PM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I can't believe we've only gotten the amount of snow that we've gotten.. It's the Rocky Mountains for goodness sakes..
Old 01-23-2011, 10:21 AM  

Peyton, Colorado
We've been here for about 21 years and the weather seems to have really changed, with less snow and cold weather each year for several years. Seems like we haven't had near as many significant snowfalls either. Sure has been cold off and on!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads