Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2011, 08:34 AM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I can't wait to go through Ouray this summer. If the jeep is finally fixed up right, maybe I'll get to 4 wheel over the pass! Sounds like Heaven to me!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:16 AM  

Woodland Park, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtj View Post
The wife and I visited the Ouray/Telluride area last sept. and had a great time. Truly a awsome place. Rented a jeep and made the loop from telluride to ouray then back. I believe ophir pass to silverton then california pass to ouray. Wish I had my jeep though. Spent some time in Denver as well. Great people also.
That first pic is awesome!

Old 01-18-2011, 09:36 AM  

Woodland Park, CO
I have as 02 WJ. 3" lift and 32 tires; not very mod but NEVER gets stuck. I would LOVE to find a way to lock the NV 247 in high mode-sometimes the Quadra-Drive is slow to respond to rear wheel spin. I love the trails out by Crestone Needle and Peak. Lots of water and slick trails to test your skills.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:59 AM  

Woodland Park, Colorado
I go wheeling as much as possible. Pretty much all over Colorado and sometimes Moab. I run a TJ on 37's for the hard stuff and a JK on 37's for easier trails. Just not ready to take the JK on harder trails yet. I've found that traildamage.com is one of the best sites for trail info in Colorado. It doesn't list every trail in Colorado, but it does list a good majority of them.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:33 PM  

I had just recently got a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. I have to say that with this being my first jeep I will never buy a different make of vehicle ever again. Therefore, I am an off-roading newbie. My favorite places to go are the trails off of Rampart Range Road, the Great Sand Dunes, and the trail going up to Crystal Mill and Ghost Town (I forget the name of the road though). Unfortunately I will be moving soon and the great trails of Colorado will not be available to me. Hopefully, GA can offer at least a little bit of enjoyment.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:22 PM  
Jeepin Colorado Mountains

FR379 off Gold Camp

We took FR379 off Gold Camp last weekend. Camped (wicked cold at night). We got stuck in drifts several times. But the weather was great and had a fun time exploring.

You can summit Baldy from 379. Anyone know if it connects to Pikes Peak somewhere?
Old 02-02-2011, 12:30 PM  

The only offloading I do and know about is down past lake George on CR117! Has great camp sites a little offloading and a lot of good places to shoot!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:44 AM  

Lake George is pretty close, I think a little warm weather and electrical work and I'm done!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
been wheeling in Colorado for better than 20 years, just said goodbye to my 99 XJ which had been my rig for the last 7, about to start wheeling a 99WJ (build in progress). Mostly scenic, though it is tough to say not obstacles. We've been becoming prepared to be more of an "expedition" family, going out for several days/a couple weeks at a time...I grew up wheeling in NoCo west of Ft. Collins, now focusing on the south/southwest since I'm in the Springs.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:41 PM  

I am in the market for a CJ7, looking at a couple 86s. I am new to 4wheeling. I am from GA so I am used to mudding not rock crawling or trails. My CJ will be a daily driver so I will not be doing any thing too crazy. If any one know a good jeep guy I could have look at the jeeps I am thinking of buying it would be helpful.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!