Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-11-2011, 07:48 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmu104 View Post
I had just recently got a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. I have to say that with this being my first jeep I will never buy a different make of vehicle ever again. Therefore, I am an off-roading newbie. My favorite places to go are the trails off of Rampart Range Road, the Great Sand Dunes, and the trail going up to Crystal Mill and Ghost Town (I forget the name of the road though). Unfortunately I will be moving soon and the great trails of Colorado will not be available to me. Hopefully, GA can offer at least a little bit of enjoyment.
I just moved out from GA and there are some trails out there. Most of it is a pretty good drive out side a major city. The big thing is GA is mud bogging. A lot of fun to go to and see but I never participated in the events. Lots of big truck and deep mud holes.

Old 02-12-2011, 03:58 AM  

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_City_ZJ View Post
I love off roading! I'm a member of Military Jeepers - U.S. Military Servicemembers and Veterans that own Jeeps come check us out. Pre-req's are be current or former military and own a jeep. I'm Irish_Assassin there.
Thanks for the info about Military Jeepers...just joined.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:29 AM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTJRubi View Post
Thanks for the info about Military Jeepers...just joined.

You're welcome!
Old 02-14-2011, 12:38 PM  
Zombies eat brains

Hinesville/ Fort Stewart, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy719 View Post
We took FR379 off Gold Camp last weekend. Camped (wicked cold at night). We got stuck in drifts several times. But the weather was great and had a fun time exploring.

You can summit Baldy from 379. Anyone know if it connects to Pikes Peak somewhere?

here ya go buddy. I got this from the forest service ranger that drives around there. ignore the highlighter. thats for where i used to go camping, but alas that has become way too overused, and getting destroyed by ignorant people who cant clean up after themselves and dont know how to leave the wilderness how they found it...
Who goes off roading here?-scan0001.jpg 

Old 02-16-2011, 08:18 AM  

colorado springs, Colorado
anyone got a good spot to go close i have surgery in a few days and need something before then.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:21 PM  
Zombies eat brains

follow the map i posted right above your post.. use trail 379 or 370 or 381
Old 02-16-2011, 07:07 PM  

I love off roading. Haven't been in a while but I just bought a JK Wrangler a couple months ago and have been itching to go since. If anyone ever needs somebody to go wheeling with the, justhit me up.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 AM  

im in the same boat, I havent been in a while and id love to take the jeep out
Old 02-17-2011, 01:43 AM  
Zombies eat brains

i would go with ya with my f250 but im deployed.. sorry guys
Old 02-22-2011, 10:48 AM  

I haven't been myself, but I heard Mt. Baldy and Mt. Herman can be fun. Both of these are close to Colorado Springs. I went to Taylor Park Reservoir last summer, and there was a lot of fun trails. Ouray is a long drive from Colorado Springs, but it has some of the best 4-wheel trails in the state.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads