Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 03:06 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Colorado Check List

I'm taking my in laws to Pikes Peak. They have always wanted to see it. I'm not the biggest fan of heights in a city were very attraction is height oriented. I'm not taking them to Royal Gorge, any one else have any non height related tourist traps?

Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 AM  

Colorado
Museums? Breweries? Most of the strictly "Colorado" kinds of attractions I can think of have to do with the mountains.

Aren't there some touristy caves around? Cave of the Winds would be an easy one.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:44 PM  

Colorado
Garden of the Gods is not far from Pike's Peak... otherwise I second the brewery idea! Lots of good breweries. Are you planning on sticking close to Colo Springs, or venturing farther out? There are nice, picturesque small towns not too far away. What time of year are you traveling?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:40 AM  

Woodland Park, CO
Since you are in the Pikes Peak area anyway check out the Air Force Academy. Also take a look at the Cripple Creek Mining District. Can't recommend Cripple Creek itself unless you want to Gamble a bit. Go to nearby Victor and walk some of the trails through the old mines. They are well marked an have a lot of Info posted along the way. Drive up to the American Eagle overlook outside of Victor to the see the current state of Gold mining. In the summer you can take a 3-4 hour tour with the Cripple Creek and Victor Gold mining Company. Cost about $5. Go to Cripple Creek & Victor Gold Mining Company for info.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:27 PM  

Lafayette, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill View Post
Garden of the Gods is not far from Pike's Peak... otherwise I second the brewery idea! Lots of good breweries. Are you planning on sticking close to Colo Springs, or venturing farther out? There are nice, picturesque small towns not too far away. What time of year are you traveling?
+1 on garden of the gods, pretty cool. Trinity Brewing is right there too!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:42 PM  

Bluff City, TN
I know you said no to the Royal Gorge due to heights but you might want to reconsider. My wife is deathly afraid of heights and enjoyed the Royal Gorge area. She can't handle tall buildings or even being up on high spots like a 3rd story deck but had a great time at the Royal Gorge area.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:10 PM  

Colorado Springs, Colorado
I personally like Garden of the gods and Cave of the winds. Also the COG railroad is good for tourist, My Mother came last year and really enjoyed that train.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:37 AM  

Loveland, Colorado
Checklist

Check out cave of the winds for sure, and you can do the Cheyenne mountain zoo, maybe Norad if you want to go throught the background checks and all that. Just driving around the springs and the area west will provide you with plenty of spectacular views and things to see.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM  

Woodland Park, Colorado
Well if you're going to be in the CS area and want to avoid heights, Cave of the winds, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Cheyenne Canyon and Seven Falls (you don't have to walk up the stairs)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!