Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM  

Albuquerque`, New Mexico
Cost of living in Durango???

Hello all. My wife and I are looking into moving to Durango and wondered if anyone happened to know the cost of living around there?

Thanks,

Mike

Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM  

Cortez, Colorado
Where are you moving from. I replied to your other post about job opportunities in the Durango area. For me, it is pretty darn expensive to live there, but I live off of teacher's wages. Real Estate is expensive and there are a lot of boutique businesses that cater to the more affluent. We tend to go to Durango to shop at the chain stores and eat at the multitude of awesome restaurants.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:51 PM  

Albuquerque`, New Mexico
Hello. We would be moving from Albuquerque. A completely different atmosphere, which is why we would like to try something new. Yes, I love the variety of restaurants. Our favorites are Lady Falconbergs and Gaspacho's (pretty close to what we have here). We are going back up there in a couple of weeks with the nieces and nephew to take them on the Polar Express. They have such a good time. We were there about a month ago and stayed at the O-Bar-O ranch. That place is amazing, and just really puts it in your head and heart that that is the place to be.

I appreciate your input and will definately keep my eyes open for opportunity there.

Thanks again,

Mike
Old 12-15-2010, 04:19 PM  

Colorado springs, Colorado
I've looked into moving there, and I honestly don't know how people can afford it. Wages seem totally out of line with real estate prices.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:00 PM  

Saint George, UT
I loved living there but there was no future for me there. I had to move away just to start a career. I know most of us that have left would return in a second and probably will when we make our fortunes elsewhere.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM  

2nd what colojeepguy sez. beautiful place to live, but way out of line for the average joe or joe-ette

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!