Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2010, 11:47 PM  

Franklin, TN
Fly Fishin

So I just got back to TN from a weekend of fly fishing in Estes. Gotta say, It was a good weekend. I think the total was 50+ fishies in a 2 day span and hit the grand slam the first day . On the Big Thompson they were hittin the green body caddis in the morning, towards noon I put a stimulator and an ant dropper. They loved the ant, particularly my red ant which accounted for 50% of the catches.

In the park, we hiked a bit south west of bear lake to a stream off emerald lake, got a bunch of cut throats on nymph droppers with a darker caddis.

Talked to one of the locals and he said that they were also hitting the shrimp fly.

JUST incase anyone was wondering

Old 09-22-2010, 03:26 PM  

Lakewood, Colorado
If you are willing to hike a bit you can find some great out of the way places to fish. I have found some really good spot totally on accident.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM  

Sacramento, California
where is Estes? ive only been fishin for a few years now and havnt gotten into the fly fishing yet. been wantin to try that though
Old 09-22-2010, 04:42 PM  

Basalt, Colorado
I have been having a tough time this year. Having some luck but most days is slow. Maybe I am getting worse. Glad you had a good time.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 AM  

Franklin, TN
Sorry, haven't been around, work's crazy the past month or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskilla View Post
where is Estes? ive only been fishin for a few years now and havnt gotten into the fly fishing yet. been wantin to try that though
It's
. About an hour to hour and a half drive north west of Denver, about 30 minutes west of Loveland up in the mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99
I have been having a tough time this year. Having some luck but most days is slow. Maybe I am getting worse. Glad you had a good time.
Haha, my moto has always been, a bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work. . I love it, being out on the river a few miles from the beaten path.

Where do you fish?
Old 09-23-2010, 12:42 PM  

Lubbock, Texas
Were the elk in town yet? I was up there a few years ago and everytime I turned around there was another elk watching me fish. It was really cool in a kind of unsettling way. Those things are huge!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM  

man, I'd love to get up there again sometime.

hey OP...
any great places in TN?
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 AM  

Manchester, NH
Buffalo Creek, Colorado has some great fishing near it.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 AM  

Castle Rock, CO
Yeah I agree, around Buffaloe Creek there is some good fly fishing especially in the South Platte near Deckers.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 AM  

St. Louis, Missouri
Missouri has some excellent Trout streams around the Branson area. There are also some catch and release streams only an hour drive from St. Louis. Montauck State PK. is one of the more popular nearby streams.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.