Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2011, 12:18 PM  

Wethersfield, CT
A friend's niece is missing in Fort Collins area.

Please pass this along as you see appropriate. Her parents received a text message from her phone Sunday but they're not sure it was from her or not.

Brighton Teen Last Seen At Friday Concert In Fort Collins

Kelley Carpenter Last Heard From Sunday, Parents Say
Written by Wayne Harrison, Web Editor

UPDATED: 9:35 am MST January 21, 2011

BRIGHTON, Colo. -- A Brighton High School junior who sneaked out of the house Friday night to go to a concert in Fort Collins with friends hasn't been heard from since Sunday.Kelley Carpenter, 17, joined "three carloads of kids" from Brighton who went to the Aggie Theatre to hear Nit Grit perform, after her parents had told her she couldn't go, her mother told 7NEWS.Leean and Robert Carpenter discovered their daughter missing Saturday morning and immediately texted her cell phone.

They said Kelley responded by saying she missed her ride but had another ride and would be home soon.The parents then checked with Kelley's Facebook friends from school and found out the teens had rented a motel room in Fort Collins on Friday night but Kelley never showed up after the concert.The friends said Kelley was last seen in the company of a 20ish man with a Mohawk who was driving a green Subaru. When the friends told Kelley they were leaving the concert, she said she would meet them back at the motel room.On Sunday, Kelley responded to another text from her mother. Her mom asked her if she was still coming home.Kelley texted back that she was coming home Monday, in time for classes on Tuesday and that her phone was about to die."I love you and dad," the text message also said.That was the last time Kelley's parents heard from their daughter.

Police in Brighton and Fort Collins have been notified of her disappearance and the parents went to Fort Collins on Tuesday to pass out fliers with her picture.Brighton police have subpoenaed Kelley's cell phone records, but the officer assigned to the case was not available to look at them Wednesday. Robert, Kelley's father, said the last time Kelley's phone was used, according to the phone records, was Monday."I am terrified," said Robert Carpenter. "Now my best hope is that she is intentionally staying away."

"We have no reason to list her as endangered," said John Bradley, of the Brighton Police Department. Bradley said investigators believe Kelley is a runaway.Her father said he believes otherwise."She planned to leave and she planned to stay overnight," said Robert Carpenter. "But she did not plan to be gone this long."The Brighton High School honor student is 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighs 125 pounds and has black hair in the same style as her photograph."She colored her hair since the photo was taken three or four months ago," Leean Carpenter told 7NEWS.

Anyone with information no Kelley Carpenter's whereabouts is asked to call Leean Carpenter at 720-530-2812."Kelley has a mild medical condition and needs medication twice a day," Leean Carpenter said. "She does not have her medication with her."Robert Carpenter said Kelley left almost everything at the house, including her identification card and purse.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
The message from the uncle:

?This just in:

GOT HER!?

Old 02-07-2011, 09:52 PM  

That was a scare! Glad she is found. Its wayyyy too easy for a college kid to up and disapear without being missed.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:27 AM  

For once, a happy ending! Being a parent my stress level shot up as I read the article just now...I didn't realize she was already home!
Any details on what happened? Did she come home on her own or did someone find her with Mohawk/Subaru man? Damn...13 days of hell for her family and friends.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:32 AM  

Thornton, Co
Whew. I hate when these things happen. Rarely have a happy ending.
I am glad she is home. Now the parents need to iron this out. More than appears on the surface I would imagine.
I am amazed the lack of follow up from the local news channels. Seems it's no big deal anymore when someone (especially young girls) go missing. Just another story.

Anyway, and thank God for the safe return.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!