Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Pittance of Time

Pittance in Time should be remembered each and every day. Especially when someone is posting something that is totally revolting. Remember those that paid the price so that they have the ability and the right to do so.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read it in English, thank a Soldier.

Daryl Hunt
USAF Retired

Old 11-17-2010, 08:38 PM  

Durango, CO
Lived there for about a year and a half and really liked it...much more reasonable prices on property compared to Durango where I am now!

Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 AM  

Grand Junction, CO
Moved here from Pueblo about a year ago. Like this area alot, would like to see GJ put on city list. If you are reading this thread please put in the request.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:39 PM  

Carbondale, Colorado
I'm new here, and live about 100 miles east of Grand Junction.
Peter
Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM  

Oklahoma City, OK
How is the job market in GJ? I've been looking around the web, craigslist etc, but you really can't judge things too well that way. Better to talk to someone local, I think.

I'm in Oklahoma now, but my family and I have been looking at relocating. We have family in Denver, but are really thinking we'd like to get away from the whole major metro thing, and all the crime and such that goes with it.

The climate there is appealing, you still have a summer, and the winters aren't too bad either. Plus GC looks like an awesome home base for the Rocky Mountain playground, and parts farther West.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 PM  

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdrlove View Post
How is the job market in GJ? I've been looking around the web, craigslist etc, but you really can't judge things too well that way. Better to talk to someone local, I think.

I'm in Oklahoma now, but my family and I have been looking at relocating. We have family in Denver, but are really thinking we'd like to get away from the whole major metro thing, and all the crime and such that goes with it.

The climate there is appealing, you still have a summer, and the winters aren't too bad either. Plus GC looks like an awesome home base for the Rocky Mountain playground, and parts farther West.
Job market will depend greatly on your area of expertise. But I would say overall it's no better than average right now.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:21 AM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Job market will depend greatly on your area of expertise. But I would say overall it's no better than average right now.
Actually, things look to be opening up just a little. But when the unemployment rate of over 10% (I question their method) drops to 9.8% it's still very, very bleak.

This area has depreciated wages with high cost of living in comparison. When high paid workers are taking part time jobs at 8 bucks an hour just to make ends sort of meet then there is something very wrong. And it takes them off the Unemployment roles.

If you take that into consideration, this area is closer to 25% unemployed.

Don't move here for a job. Move here for the other good things here.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM  

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunt View Post

Don't move here for a job. Move here for the other good things here.

Quoted for truth.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 PM  

Durango (Hesperus), CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
We need more people to make the request that Grand Junction be added to the list of threads on the forum.
Put my request in as well. I have been trying to get people to put in a request for the "Western Slope" of Colorado. People said they have done it, but still no luck!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 AM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHardWay View Post
Put my request in as well. I have been trying to get people to put in a request for the "Western Slope" of Colorado. People said they have done it, but still no luck!
It goes by the City and not the general location.

Try asking for Grand Junction even if you are not specifically from GJ.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads