Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 01-12-2011, 02:02 PM  

Oklahoma City, OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
Quoted for truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunt View Post
Don't move here for a job. Move here for the other good things here.
My sentiments exactly. I have no aspirations of moving for work, I'd much rather move for play. But alas, play requires work. Here in Oklahoma City, our official unemployment rate just dropped below 7%. But I would be surprised if the actual number including under-employed as you mentioned is below 10%.

I'll keep a wishful eye on the Western Slope, but the odds are probably better in gasp...Denver...eeek! Oh well, better to be 4 hours away from my preferred playground than 14 hours right?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:18 AM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdrlove View Post
My sentiments exactly. I have no aspirations of moving for work, I'd much rather move for play. But alas, play requires work. Here in Oklahoma City, our official unemployment rate just dropped below 7%. But I would be surprised if the actual number including under-employed as you mentioned is below 10%.

I'll keep a wishful eye on the Western Slope, but the odds are probably better in gasp...Denver...eeek! Oh well, better to be 4 hours away from my preferred playground than 14 hours right?
Not a prob. If I wasn't retired AF, I could not afford to live here. My Sister on the East Coast almost does death threats to get me to move. Been thinking hard lately. Jobs are are and few in between and there are a lot of qualified people applying for those same jobs.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 PM  

Apple Valley, California
They still need to create a "Grand Junction" thread.... If they have enough request from users they will do so...(HINT)... I think it takes like ten requests. GJ is the biggest city on the western slope and a college town at that. We need our own thread......MATT
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 AM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
They still need to create a "Grand Junction" thread.... If they have enough request from users they will do so...(HINT)... I think it takes like ten requests. GJ is the biggest city on the western slope and a college town at that. We need our own thread......MATT
Everyone that wishes it needs to send a message to the Admin of this area. I have already done it as have a few others. But it looks like refresher messages are in order.

Everyone that wants a GJ area, send your request. Even if you have already done so in the past.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:39 AM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhunt View Post
Everyone that wishes it needs to send a message to the Admin of this area. I have already done it as have a few others. But it looks like refresher messages are in order.

Everyone that wants a GJ area, send your request. Even if you have already done so in the past.

It's easy to send a request. PM Admin and he will get the request.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM  
Traveler

Grand Junction, Colorado
Thanks for the assist guys and gals. We got a Grand Junction City Listing now. Let's go make it useful. Tell your friends, tell your family, shoot, tell your enemies. But let's move these discussion to that area. Use it or lose it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!