Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-23-2010, 07:44 PM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
awesome pictures .

Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 AM  

Atlanta
This looks amazing! I hope to visit someday, in what part of Colorado is this located?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:29 AM  

Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1234 View Post
This looks amazing! I hope to visit someday, in what part of Colorado is this located?
It's a little under an hour West of Vail, about an hour and a half from Breckenridge.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:31 PM  

Wichita, Ks
This looks amazing. Anyone know if there are many geocache's on the trail? I should go look that up..
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 PM  

Palmdale, CA
Wow, I have been past when driving to Denver but never stopped. Next time I will make sure I take the time, Beautiful!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:50 PM  

kansas city, missouri
we went to do this hike again this year and it was closed for renovations, if for nothing else it should be a safer hike for the future, those railing were pretty scary.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:44 PM  

Parachute, CO
I went the day before they shut the trail down to fix I-70. There were only two other people on the trail; it was snowing the whole time. Gorgeous canyon and the lake at the top! I was also told to go on the trail that begins near the end of the Hanging Lake Trail. I can't remember the name of it, though... I didn't have the time to then, so I plan on doing it before long!
Old 10-19-2010, 08:54 AM  

Denver
Quote:
Originally Posted by crrock View Post
I went the day before they shut the trail down to fix I-70. There were only two other people on the trail; it was snowing the whole time. Gorgeous canyon and the lake at the top! I was also told to go on the trail that begins near the end of the Hanging Lake Trail. I can't remember the name of it, though... I didn't have the time to then, so I plan on doing it before long!
I bet it was beautiful in the snow! I'm sure it made the hike a tad more challenging though.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 PM  

Grand Junction, CO
I work in the Glenwood Canyon, still haven't been up to the lake. The trail was closed this summer for a lot of renovation of the trail and boardwalk at the lake, they were using a helicopter to ferry materials up, so did not want hikers on the trail. I recommend not going on a major holiday, Labor Day, etc as the rest area parking is limited and can get exceptionally busy. If there is not parking you will be turned away by the park service. Do not park on the off ramp or block the bridge by the dam or you WILL be towed. Just trying to save you a headache.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads