Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM  

Longmont, Colorado
Homebrewing

Hey being that Colorado is full of breweries and brewers, I thought a homebrew thread might be in order....

Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM  

Longmont, Colorado
just brewed a pale ale yesterday using 18 lbs British Pale and home grown cascade hops....

Old 12-02-2010, 01:04 PM  

18lbs?! hopefully this was more than a 5 gallon batch.

I have tried growing some Centennial, but the rhizomes never took off. May try again.

I currently have a Oud Bruin in primary (5 months to go), a Berliner Weisse in secondary, American Amber Ale in bottles, and a Belgian Strong Golden on deck.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 PM  

Lafayette, Colorado
10 gallons I assume?

So you guys know, Longmont has a club (IPAlers) but I don't know what's down south (except Dry Dock, mmmm Dry Dock!!)

I was amazed to find out that there are also 3 (small) hop farms on the front range!
Old 12-03-2010, 12:38 PM  

Longmont, Colorado
Yes, this was a ten gallon batch! I split it into 2 sperate containers with two seperate yeasts as I often do. Then I essentially have two different beers.

I also didn't know about club where are they?
Old 12-03-2010, 12:39 PM  

Longmont, Colorado
Hop Farms

Do you know what type of hops they grow!?
Old 12-03-2010, 01:13 PM  

Thornton, Co
My last IPA did not survive the Thanksgiving guests!
I have a nice Christmas spiced ale just about ready to go to the secondary.

Just got my replacement conical tank (long story) so I am ready to get another batch ready.

How about starting a list of where we all get our supplies and what makes them good or bad.....

Closest to my house is Beer at Home on about 120th and Huron. Good guys, very helpful. Lots of new brews getting done all the time.
Used to buy from Brew Hut in Aurora when Scott owned it. Since I moved to Thornton I have not been back but hear it is doing well.

Great to see we have some brewers around, hopefully more show up.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:18 PM  

Thornton, Co
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvlpdillon View Post
I have tried growing some Centennial, but the rhizomes never took off. May try again.
I have some nice centennial and cascades growing in the yard for the last several years. Unfortunately, I can't remember which is which...
Old 12-04-2010, 05:00 AM  

Champaign, IL
I just bottled a Founders Breakfast Stout clone that -unfortunately- will probably not be fully conditioned by Christmas. Oh, well, it should make a fantastic January warmer!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:28 AM  

Longmont, Colorado
Hey I like that idea. I live in Longmont. There is the Bald Brewer. He just started up in Longmont. It is cinvenient for somethings. I go to Boulder to Hp To it which is better pricing. I have some friends where you live that told me there is a place in Aurora which is really good but I have not been there. I buy most of my equipment online...

Closest to my house is Beer at Home on about 120th and Huron. Good guys, very helpful. Lots of new brews getting done all the time.
Used to buy from Brew Hut in Aurora when Scott owned it. Since I moved to Thornton I have not been back but hear it is doing well.

Great to see we have some brewers around, hopefully more show up.[/QUOTE]

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!