Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 PM  

Cortez, Colorado
You guys are lucky, I have to mail order in all my stuff. Being in the Four Corners is beautiful, but we don't have a LHBS. It's a real bear trying to get wet yeast down in my neck of the woods.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:02 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckwatkins View Post
You guys are lucky, I have to mail order in all my stuff. Being in the Four Corners is beautiful, but we don't have a LHBS. It's a real bear trying to get wet yeast down in my neck of the woods.
Have you talked with the local craft brewers in the area? In the front range several of the craft breweries are very home brewer friendly; they will give away yeast from old batches. Just some clean up involved and it's off to the fermenter. We also play with a centrifuge to really clean up the yeast. There's plan on the web to make a centrifuge with a desktop pc fan, so it's not rocket science.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:17 PM  

Marysville, WA
Colorado homebrewing

Well I don't live in Colorado anymore but I like the chatter regarding this topic. I live up in Washington.
Old 12-22-2010, 12:06 PM  

Colorado Springs, CO
Anyone near Monument/Colorado Springs Brewing?
Old 12-28-2010, 01:31 PM  

I'm kegging a Mint Chocolate Tomorrow

0.5 oz of mint in the fermentor. 8 oz of unsweetened cocoa in the boil 10 min
Old 12-29-2010, 07:23 AM  

Thornton, Co
Mmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibrewer View Post
I'm kegging a Mint Chocolate Tomorrow

0.5 oz of mint in the fermentor. 8 oz of unsweetened cocoa in the boil 10 min
Sounds yummy. Let me know how it turned out.
Chocolate Cherry Chipotle Porter
I have a robust chocolate porter in the primary right now. I am going to add cherries and chipotle in the secondary. The grains should provide a chocolate flavor although I might add some cocoa powder to the secondary as well once I get a taste. May also add some lactose although I don't want to go overkill on sweetness.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:30 AM  
Zymurgist

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariatbob View Post
How about starting a list of where we all get our supplies and what makes them good or bad.....

Closest to my house is Beer at Home on about 120th and Huron. Good guys, very helpful. Lots of new brews getting done all the time.
Used to buy from Brew Hut in Aurora when Scott owned it. Since I moved to Thornton I have not been back but hear it is doing well.
I brewed a Russian Imperial Stout today at 1.106 og and 63.8 ibu. should turn out pretty good. Thinking im going to name it "Kalashnikov's RIS"

i get most of my ingredients from Do Your Brew in Westminster. Terry (owner) is always there and one of the most knowledgeable guys about beer ive ever met. plus he has the BEST prices. i live about 3 min from Beer at Home and i make the 20 min drive down to Terry's shop EVERY time.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads