Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 PM  

Greenville, SC
Job Info.

Can anyone offer advice on relocating to Colorado (Denver and north of Denver areas)? I currently live in SC and desire to relocate to Colorado yet I'm having a hard time finding a job to facilitate the move. I'm told by various headhunters in CO that there are far more applicants than vacancies in the state which usually restricts most relocation attempts. Does anyone have any advice or tips on landing a job while still out of state? I think my chances would be better if I could move and then find a job but therein lies the problem. No job means no relocation.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:44 PM  

Conifer, Colorado
Denounce your citezenship and come to CO as an illeagle alien ur um, I mean undocumented worker

Old 10-15-2010, 02:10 PM  
QFT

Denver, CO
Old thread. But get a phone number with a 303 area code (try getting one from Google Voice). Make sure it's the only number on your resumes or any correspondence with them. Generally companies out here don't like to even interview anyone who doesn't live out here. Having a 303 number will at least show them you're serious, even if they realize you don't actually live here.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 PM  

Fort Collins, CO
What industry?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 AM  

Cheyenne, Wyoming
There has been a mass exodus of California in the last few years, and many of the areas in Denver, Ft Collins, Colorado Springs, etc, have been inundated with workers, and no real job vacancies. However, if you're in a specialized field and have significant training and education, you may be able to find the perfect job.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:33 AM  

Castle Rock, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
What industry?
what would you like to do?
Old 01-19-2011, 09:02 PM  

Parker, Colorado
I am looking for a job now too. It has not been easy. The best advice I can give is to only apply for jobs that you have at least two years experience.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:38 PM  

What's the construction industry looking like out there?
I know it's a really bad time of year to be looking into construction, but that's what I do.
Any commercial work on the horizon, or is it mostly residential?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:49 PM  

The commercial area seems to be doing pretty well. Residential not so much.

It all depends on your skill set. What are you the best at? Specialized skill sets are in more demand.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:01 PM  

check careerbuilders.com I get a weekly email with about 20 new job openings, but that's for restaurant/store manager positions

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado
Bookmark this Page!