Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Columbia
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 AM  

Average temperature in May?

So...

I am taking a road trip in the middle of May with my wife. We will be leaving Philadelphia and Eventually ending up @ Parris Island. Our route is going to lead us (roughly) through Columbia, Augusta, Atlanta, Macon, Savannah (more or less).

We have a Jeep Wrangler and the debate so far is whether or not to take the doors with us. I, personally, have no objections to leaving them at home. In fact, I will probably have taken them off by the middle of April.

My wife's biggest concern is "What if it gets cold?" Now I know that cold is relative. I've spent time in Columbia and Augusta. Cold in the South is not cold like we have up here, just like hot up here is not hot compared to SC in the Summer

I'm just trying to figure out what the average temperature and rainfall is like in the middle of May. I'm fairly convinced, from my experience, that it will be balmy compared to what we are used to up here in the middle of May. I'm just trying to convince the wife of that fact (she has never been South of Virginia)

Thanks

Old 04-04-2012, 09:46 AM  

According to the Weather Channel web site, the average high temperature in May would be in the high 80's (87 to be precise) with average low temps in the low 60's (63). The average precipitation in May tends to be low, 3 in. total for May. Considering we just went through March with many days in the high 80's and low 90's and are in the midst of a drought you can probably count on hot days and little rain. The only caveat is that we often get quick, intense storms that pass quickly but will give you a downpour for a short time.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...graph/USSC0065

I'd hate to be driving a car with no AC in May but that's just me. I hate the heat.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > South Carolina > Columbia
Bookmark this Page!