Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2010, 04:12 PM  

columbus, Ohio
4 wheeling areas ?

Where in central ohio is there to do some wheeling? Legel of course.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:24 PM  

Somerset, Ohio
*bump*

I think a lot of people would like to know of some areas! Lol I'm in the process of getting the heep trail ready!

Old 10-01-2010, 01:52 AM  

Fredericksburg, Va
I have family there & I'd be interested in knowing for when I visit. I miss goin to Cedar Point too!
Old 10-02-2010, 04:19 PM  

Kettering, Ohio
haspin acres i know its not central ohio but just across the western border in laurel indiana and every driver level can be challenged.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
place west of columbus called wellsville. decent wheeling there, everything else is local clubs or in indiana
Old 10-05-2010, 10:03 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
Correction needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
place west of columbus called wellsville. decent wheeling there, everything else is local clubs or in indiana
I must correct you. Wellsville is EAST (and a bit north) of Columbus, actually. VERY near the Pennsylvania border.

I have yet to go there to wheel my Jeep, but have plans to do so in the not-so-distant future.

For now, I mainly wheel at Bundy Hill, in Jerome Michigan.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 AM  
yep

Columbus, OH
Quite a few STATE parks allow ATV/motorcycle riding. If an OH resident, you'll need an ATV registration sticker (purchase at any DMV location). If your from out of state, you'll probably want to make a call (from my experience, my valid OH registration was good while visiting KY state parks).

Maumee (3,100+ acres)...
Maumee State Forest

Perry (4,500+ acres)...
Perry State Forest

Pike (12,000+ acres, 13+ miles of trails)...
Pike State Forest

Richland Furnace (2000+ acres)...
Richland Furnace State Forest

And then there is always Wayne National Forest (my favorite, 300+ miles of trails) - a PERMIT is required (day or season) & a valid OH registration is required...

Wayne National Forest- Recreation

PLUS a ton of private property riding via ATV/enthusiasts/friend-of-a-friend clubs...
Old 10-06-2010, 12:26 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralTJWillys View Post
I must correct you. Wellsville is EAST (and a bit north) of Columbus, actually. VERY near the Pennsylvania border.

I have yet to go there to wheel my Jeep, but have plans to do so in the not-so-distant future.

For now, I mainly wheel at Bundy Hill, in Jerome Michigan.
i stand corrected. i could have swore there was place west of columbus. who knows
Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 AM  
Black Swamp Bogger

RenoBeach (Toledo), Ohio
None in Western Ohio that I'm aware of yet. Although it would be nice!!! 'Bout all there could be is some mud runs or another area similar to Bundy Hill in Michigan, which is a converted rock/stone quarry. Lots of built up hills over the years. If you ever find yourself near there, you should give it a go!

Just too much flat land in this corner of the state for proper wheeling!! What's a Jeeper to do?

There were rumblings of something being done to the old Willys-Overland property. A conversion to an inner city off road park. I'll post an article that was in the Blade about it when I dig it up. Our club tried to contact the city, and the property owners, which, at this time, seems to be what's left of the "original" Chrysler LLC.....now OldCarCo LLC. as well as the author of the Blade article. To date, no one has returned a call.

Bummer. That would be the **IT considering the Toledo Jeep heritage!! One more bright spot, and awesome attraction, in the city!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:06 AM  

sharana, afghanistan
i know muddy buddies and few other local clubs (in cincy area) have private land

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.