Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 07:54 AM  

columbus, ohio
New place on Lane Ave called Piada.....Italian street food.....delicious

Old 11-19-2010, 06:46 PM  

Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknixon View Post
New place on Lane Ave called Piada.....Italian street food.....delicious
This is good. It is from the same people that own Bravo. I happened to go in there the day they opened and had a chat with the owner as he was visiting tables. They had been testing the concept in their test kitchen for months.

It has kind of a Chipoltle feel, but it is Italian food on flat-bread.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:02 PM  

gahanna, Ohio
Giuseppe's Ritrovo on 2268 East Main Street right in front Capital university is an amazing italian place. They dont take reservations for less than like 6 and it is a tiny litle place. But it is so worth it the wait, not bad on the wallet either.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:13 PM  

southeast, Ohio
Third And Hollywood has the best steaks on the planet. They are night and day better than Ruth's Chris. It's located, surprisingly enough, at 3rd and Hollywood. It's a little expensive but you won't be sorry you went. It's a lot cheaper than Ruth's Chris though. Their steaks are just unbelievable.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGhidora View Post
Third And Hollywood has the best steaks on the planet. They are night and day better than Ruth's Chris. It's located, surprisingly enough, at 3rd and Hollywood. It's a little expensive but you won't be sorry you went. It's a lot cheaper than Ruth's Chris though. Their steaks are just unbelievable.
Ruth's Chris steaks are typical chain restaurant steaks, just slightly better and way over priced.

Best steak in cbus IMO is The Top
Old 12-03-2010, 07:11 PM  

southeast, Ohio
Where is The Top? Have you eaten at Third and Hollywood? I have to agree about the prices at RC's. They are off their gourd to charge as much as they do. It's not half as good as the prices would indicate. There's plenty of service. Too much in fact. I don't need 2 people standing behind me to hand me a fork when I want one. They're laying right on the table in front of me. I only went there because my daughter had just graduated from OSU and she wanted to eat there. She quickly understood that Third And Hollywood was far better. I'm talking twice as good or maybe three times as good.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:05 PM  

Canal Winchester, OH
For be, the best steak in Columbus is The Elevator on High Street. The "Rock" comes out on a 450 degree rock, and you cook it yourself. Oh, and the beer isn't so bad either. They have their own brewery about two blocks east. They give brewery tours I believe every third Saturday..
Old 12-08-2010, 06:11 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
BASI is the best! Its a tiny 10 table Italian Restaurant in Victorian Village. This is a great date spot.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 AM  

Reynoldsburg, Oh
North Star

If you are a vegetarian or not , go experience their veggie burger. It is outstanding regardless .http://www.thenorthstarcafe.com/
Old 12-09-2010, 02:51 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
If I could add my $.02 on a couple of these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Rooster's - A great laid back family-style sports bar, plenty of TV's, and the BEST chicken wings (not necessarily the best sauces, but the biggest, meatiest wings ever!) Great appetizers, decent happy hour deals. Several locations around Columbus, though my favorite is at the corner of Reed RD & W. Henderson RD.
You get to mix the sauces too. I like to get their wings with a mix of "Donkey" and "BBQ" for an awesome flavor with a kick. However, it is rumored that some of the employees there call the effects of that Donkey sauce, "Donkeyzuma's Revenge" so eat with care!

Quote:
Old Bag of Nails Pub several locations around Columbus - : Welcome to the Old Bag of Nails Pub : - Solid menu all around, chicken bleu cheese potato skins are awesome, as well ass the fried pickles. French dip sandwich, reuben, and of course, they are famous for their fish n chips. Good atmosphere, family friendly, great service!
Friday's are all you can eat fish n chips. They added some new all you can eat items to the menu here recently with the Chili and Cornbread being a favorite. Not the best chili I have ever had, but very serviceable. The Happy Hour specials are awesome with 1/2 price appetizers and their draft beers are seriously discounted.

Quote:
Schmidt's Sausage Haus 240 E. Kossuth Street in German Village - Schmidt's Sausage Haus und Restaurant - TWICE featured on The Food Channel, once on Man V. Food, once on Best of Ohio! They have been around since 1886, so they have to be doing something right...everything on their menu from sausage to potatoe salad (YUM!), to deserts, to beer is great...combine that with a really fun atmosphere, and you've got a great family or date dinner!
Schmidts is awesome and thier buffet is phenomenal. They also have Warsteiner Premium Dunkel on draft!!!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Bookmark this Page!