Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2010, 05:34 PM  

Galloway, Oh
Mom & Pop Diner

Any good Mom & Pop style diner's? I'd prefer something towards the west side.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:48 PM  

Columbus, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
Any good Mom & Pop style diner's? I'd prefer something towards the west side.
Check out Abner's in Old Hilliard. Good prices, good food. If you are familiar with Old Hilliard, Abners is in the same place as Mel's Diner was.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 AM  

Galloway, Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusp View Post
Check out Abner's in Old Hilliard. Good prices, good food. If you are familiar with Old Hilliard, Abners is in the same place as Mel's Diner was.
I'm in Galloway, and used to live off of cemetery. I'm sure I can find it. Thanks for the tip.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:51 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
If you like "Cuban" style food you cant go wrong with the Starliner Diner. The breakfasts are fantastic!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:55 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad67z View Post
If you like "Cuban" style food you cant go wrong with the Starliner Diner. The breakfasts are fantastic!
YES!!! It is funny, but when I saw the title of this thread that is the place I immediately thought of. It probably isnt Mom n Pop, but it sure appears that way inside. They get the Taste of Columbus awards all the time and have the plaques on the walls. I havent been to Abner's, but I can tell you that if you just head toward down Hilliard Rome Road (right there at I-70) from Galloway, that turns into Main Street eventually. They put a new roundabout in before it turns into Main St.

Edit: I don't quite understand why roundabouts are gaining so much popularity. They are such a pain in 80% of the places I have seen them!

You could actually get to both places from Hilliard Rome Road: Turn right onto Cemetary Rd before the roundabout and Starliner Diner is in a little plaza on the left relatively quickly. Keep going straight through the roundabout and Abner's is on the left when you enter Old Hilliard.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:16 AM  

Galloway, Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbeez View Post
Edit: I don't quite understand why roundabouts are gaining so much popularity. They are such a pain in 80% of the places I have seen them!

You could actually get to both places from Hilliard Rome Road: Turn right onto Cemetary Rd before the roundabout and Starliner Diner is in a little plaza on the left relatively quickly. Keep going straight through the roundabout and Abner's is on the left when you enter Old Hilliard.
<off topic> I don't know what the City of Hilliard's obsession with rounabouts are. There are 3 in a row on the road from my bank to Cemetery. 2 of them are in the middle of nowhere with cornfields on both sides. It's actually easier to go up 270 and get off at tuttle to go to the bank.</off topic>
Old 12-24-2010, 07:19 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
<off topic> I don't know what the City of Hilliard's obsession with rounabouts are. There are 3 in a row on the road from my bank to Cemetery. 2 of them are in the middle of nowhere with cornfields on both sides. It's actually easier to go up 270 and get off at tuttle to go to the bank.</off topic>
The claim is the threw-put of traffic is far higher and once everone is acclimated they are safer.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:38 AM  

Galloway, Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad67z View Post
The claim is the threw-put of traffic is far higher and once everone is acclimated they are safer.
I call BS on that one.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:35 PM  

For the OT - I think a lot of times they put them in to control the flow of traffic, nobody gets ticked waiting at red lights, and they're a way to control the average speed in an area.

LaChatelaine is more of a Bistro than a diner, but has a nice M&P feel. great food too.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM  

Nancy's Home cooking on High Street, south of North Broadway. Best "diner" i have ever eaten at.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.