Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2010, 09:01 AM  

ohio
wine supply shop

I live 3 hours from Columbus. I was in X-bus last week and went to a wine shop. It was located near the college. Can anyone give me the name of this place. It also had. A pizza shop inside.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:14 PM  

columbus, ohio
might have been the winemakers shop if it was a homebrew shop

Old 12-02-2010, 07:26 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
Probably winemakersshop shop but I wouldn't recommend that place... the lady is rude
Old 12-03-2010, 10:40 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
The winemakers shop doesn't have pizza inside, i have no idea what place has that...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:04 PM  

Columbus, OH
+1 to what Mirilis said -- I avoid The Winemaker's Shop, but it doesn't have a pizza place on the inside.

I think I know the one you're talking about though, but I've never been inside. It's west of campus near Grandview -- I think it's on 5th Ave? I just remember being surprised that it was a homebrew shop that sold food as well.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 AM  

ohio
I think I was in the winemakers shop too. Is it near a country Restaurant called Tee Jays?
If so I agree lady was very rude I ended up walking out. When I went in she was sitting on the floor reading a book. I asked a few questions and it was as if I was interrupting her. I ended up walking out.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:07 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
Pizza, duh, it just hit me - its Gentiles in Grandview.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:20 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
You went to Gentiles. This place is mainly a beer supply store, but they do have wine stuff. If you want wine supplies, go to the winemakers shop. But don't go if you don't have to....

1. The lady IS rude. I've been told if you go often, then she gets nicer, but why bother? Go somewhere where they WANT your business.

2. This place is also really expensive. Any other brew supply place will be cheaper.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:05 PM  

Columbus, Ohio
Definitely Gentiles. I was actually just in there the other day. They have a lot of the wine making supplies up front and an extensive selection of wines in the middle of the store. The back and walls of the store have the beer and beer making supplies. They are really friendly there for sure.
The pizza place is Mama Mimi's. They do pretty good "take 'n bake" business also.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:26 AM  

Columbus, Ohio
I think there is another wine shop in Dublin, in the shopping plaza at Riverside and 161. There is a Tim Hortons in the plaza too. I think they specialize in building wine kits for beginners. I haven't purchased anything from them but heard they are pleasant to beginners and reasonably priced. The Wine Shop lady can be rude.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Columbus
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.