Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 11-15-2010, 05:28 PM  

Danbury, ct
I have to vote for TK's American Bistro on White Street in Danbury Ct. They have 37 different sauces and really cool sports theme as well.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM  

Ansonia, CT
Archies is a great go-to! Awesome wings, and really big.
I haven't had Side Street wings, but I have always heard they are top notch.
Wings Express in the Ansonia area is really good, too. They make a killer HOT wing.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:01 PM  

Brooklyn, NY
I'm going to have to second J.Timothys Tavern - those dirt wings are freakin awesome, and Sliders is pretty good too.
The Black Rock Tavern in Thomaston - Armageddon wings; these are the real article, soo hot I only know two people who can managed to eat them without crying in front of everyone. The other wings are really good too, but Armageddon is something you have to try if youre a real Chilli head (or ring-burner, take your pick)
Old 11-28-2010, 06:34 PM  

CT
This is a great thread, I have to saw. I have 4 places that I'm going to try.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM  

Bridgeport, CT, CT
Southern Wings Express in West Haven and another in Ansonia have an El Nino sauce that is incredible. They describe it as hot citrusy BBQ. They fry them perfectly if you ask for well done, nice and crispy. They are not shy on the sauce either.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:58 PM  

Brooklyn, NY
Just FYI to those considering J. Timothys Tavern - Make sure you get them dirt style, but also make sure you get them in the bucket! otherwise order them extra saucey - some times they come out a touch under-sauced when you get a small order.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:55 PM  

Slider's in Plainville get my vote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:02 PM  

Buffalo, NY
If you are ever in Odesa, Ukraine, you have to try the Buffalo wings (yes, that is what they are called) at Mick O'Neills Irish Pub. The sauce was some sort of hot paprika sludge in half a gravy boat, the other half was some sort of sour cream cheese sauce.

You take the wing and dip it the hot stuff and creamy stuff at the same time.

It was good. The chicken itself was incredible. Much better that the crap we get.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:34 AM  

Hartford, CT
I remember Bidwell's wings being very good, but my favorite wings were from Fireside restaurant in Stamford, CT, but the place burned down a few years ago. Number two place in Stamford is Bradfords.

Dude, now I need some wings!!
Old 12-22-2010, 09:13 AM  

Danbury, Connecticut
TK's in Danbury CT, tough to beat!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!