Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 PM  

New Haven, CT / New Haven County
EZ-Pass?

Anyone here use the Ez-Pass system? CT doesn't have tolls and as such the Ez-Pass system isn't offered in CT.
If in fact you are an Ez-Pass holder, which state and plan do you find the most convenient?
I've used a pass from a relative and found it to be a great time saver. NJ has recently gone to un-staffed booths at times/places and that requires exact change. Frequently there are toll discounts available to pass holders that travel off peak or use a ULEV auto and I'm not averse to a bit of a break on a toll (considering the price of some of them). All in all there are advantages to having one and since I travel to DE 2-3 times a year it wouldn't be just a window ornament just not as big a savings as for other people.
Now they even offer high speed lanes for the Ez-Pass making it more attractive if that's possible.
There's nothing quite like sitting in line for forty-five minutes in several places in holiday traffic to PAY. I'd much rather wave and travel.
SO- would you please share your insight's with me . . . please?
TIA-
Mark

Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM  

I've got an EZ-Pass but I got it when I lived on Long Island. I never really looked into which state, or even knew there might be different plans. I wouldn't go anywhere without it. It makes the Mass Pike a breeze. The new high speed lanes on the NJTP are awesome.

Bob

Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 PM  

When my son was stationed at Fort Meade, MD we got one of these things here in MA. I loved it. He is now stationed in Hawaii, and I'm not driving there, and seldom get on the pike anymore so I gave it up.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:29 AM  

Springfield, Ma
The MA RMV is very easy to get the ez pass from.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:53 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Pretty soon I will be all but forced to use the EZ-Pass here in VA as they plan to start tolling more places (the tunnels)

There was a discussion of the VDOT trying to assess a $1 a month 'service fee' on top of the EZPass fees if it was purchased here.

I think NJ and DE didnt charge this 'fee' and would be happy to take our $$$. I might buy mine from them just out of principle.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:35 AM  

They just converted one of our major freeways in Los Angeles into the "Lexus Lanes", and the service fee is $3 per month if not used. Just another way to fill the Government's pockets, IMHO.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:08 PM  

I live in CT and have EZ Pass and wouldn't be without it.

Here's a link showing where it covers, I don't know how up to date this is: http://www.e-zpassiag.com/about-e-zpass

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!