Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2011, 05:48 AM  

Stratford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Bridgeport Shooting Range CT is good!!
Bridgeport shooting range is very good, about the only place i will go.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:08 AM  
bnl

CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by radon220 View Post
So to the other target shooters in CT: where do you shoot?

I'm looking for a good gun club to join, ideally near me (Columbia). I took the hunting course at the Chaplin FFF. They have an amazing skeet/trap setup there. Also stocked hunting grounds, but I'd probably never use it. I didn't get to see their pistol range.
I agree, Fin, Fur and Feather has a real nice set up

Quote:

Andover Sportsman Club: Has a waiting list, but I've hear good things about it.
Yes, Andover is good. Depending on the time, you could have the whole range to yourself. Or be there with a few people. Good group of people there

Quote:
I saw signs for a gun club in or near Lebanon, but never found it (didn't look too hard though).
I'm pretty sure the Hebron Sportsmans Club is on the Hebron/Lebanon line right next to the old railroad tracks/AirLine Trail.

Quote:
I thought I saw signs near Hebron and maybe one in Colchester too... but again, never found them, mostly for lack of looking.
Colchester Fish & Game is near the Colchester Transfer Station

Old 03-16-2011, 05:49 AM  

CT
Here are a few places I have been to:

High Rock Shooting Association
Meriden Rod and Gun Club
Hartford Gun Club
Torrington Gun Club

N.V.P.L. Home Page I am a member here

All are great facilities but quite a ride from Columbia.

Have fun, be safe!
Old 05-29-2011, 05:57 PM  

I go to High Rock in the Naugatuck State Forest. I have been on the waiting list for over a year to become a member. Also put in an application to Wolcott Land Owners. Hope to hear from them soon!
Old 06-13-2011, 01:11 PM  

New Haven, CT
MSI (Manchester Shooters Inc) is a fun pistol club to belong to. I was a member of them a while ago and only quit cause of the commute. They are in the old army NIKE site in Manchester. They do regular competition with other clubs but the rest of the time the range is empty cause its a private club.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:11 AM  

I am a member in Wolcott Land Owners Protective Association. Nice little range with good folks around. Here is a link if anyone is interested.

Welcome

I also have gone to Wolf's, Highrock, and Hoffman's. Highrock is alright but good luck getting in as a member. I have been on the waiting list for over a year. Hoffman's is okay if you want to try a new gun. Wolf's is a last resort. The guy who works their thinks he knows everything and pushes his opinion on you big time. Can't shoot from holster either.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:54 AM  

New Haven, CT / New Haven County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey369 View Post
I go to wolfs in bristol if im shootin my pistol. And i go to Blue Trails in wallingford if im shooting rifle or skeet shootin. Sometimes will shoot my pistol at Blue Trails if its nice out
I enjoy Blue Trails especially when the weather is rotten. Rain? Snow? Scorching Heat? Fog? High Winds? Perfect. Mid-week? Even better. There usually isn't anyone there so when it's been a while and I'm not on target it's okay.
I figure if I can aim and hit with those issues then I'm dead on in good weather.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:50 PM  

Metacon in Simsbury... I need to get my butt over there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.