Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2010, 04:08 PM  

Mystic, Connecticut
home brew supply in South Eastern CT

If you are looking for a home brew supply shop in South Eastern CT, Rob's Homebrew at Salem Four Corners works well. Other than that you are kind of out of luck. There is also a Home Brewers Club run out of Cottrell in Pawcatuck CT for all of South Eastern CT.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM  

Other Homebrew location in Hartford Area

Hey all,

Brew-Wine is another store located in East Hartford. They have a wide variety of grains and extracts/kits for any purpose. If you decided that you want to begin brewing or wine making, definitely stop by. The store is small and in the back of a large building, but they have everything that you will need. They are also very friendly and give you some good deals if you become a recurring customer.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:11 PM  

Wyoming, OH
Hey, my bro just opened a new shop this last summer in southern CT. His place is located in Clinton - about 20 mins north of New Haven. The shop is called "Stomp N Crush". He's been brewing and making wine for 20+ years and knows his stuff. Check em out and tell him Johnnybrew sent ya!

Stomp n Crush
Old 11-22-2010, 11:24 PM  

Brooklyn, NY
Is Brew & Wine the only homebrew supply store in central Connecticut? I'm trying to find a place near Terryville, CT; and it looks like East Hartford is it for now..
Old 11-24-2010, 08:52 AM  

I found "beer and wine makers warehouse" in hartford (bwmwct.com‎). I never went there but from their website they have supplies for cheese, soda to beer and wine.
There is Zok's in Willimantic. Not sure about that place either.

I would try Brew and Wine. They have a good supply and are very friendly. Call ahead if it is a long drive to make sure they have everything you need in stock.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:10 AM  

Hartford, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungweissbier View Post
I found "beer and wine makers warehouse" in hartford (bwmwct.com‎). I never went there but from their website they have supplies for cheese, soda to beer and wine.
There is Zok's in Willimantic. Not sure about that place either.

I would try Brew and Wine. They have a good supply and are very friendly. Call ahead if it is a long drive to make sure they have everything you need in stock.
Definitely try brew and wine in east hartford. Beer and wine makers warehouse is nearby in Hartford as well but there is something about the vibe in that place. I found the employees there to be a bunch of pompous @holes. They were condescending and seemed to be impatient to even provide a tiny bit of service.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:17 PM  

CT
Maltose Express

Maltose Express is a great LHBS north of Bridgeport, in Monroe, CT.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:23 PM  

Rockville, CT
Add another thumbs up for Brew & Wine in East Hartford. They just went through an ownership change and massive remodel. Helpful, friendly and good stock of supplies. If they don't have it, they will help you find it or even do a special order.

Beer Brewing and Wine Making in Connecticut(CT)
Old 11-30-2010, 11:35 AM  

Cromwell, CT
if i dont order online, i goto beer and wine makers warehouse
Old 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM  
CT Homebrewers Unite!

Hamden, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybrew View Post
Hey, my bro just opened a new shop this last summer in southern CT. His place is located in Clinton - about 20 mins north of New Haven. The shop is called "Stomp N Crush". He's been brewing and making wine for 20+ years and knows his stuff. Check em out and tell him Johnnybrew sent ya!

Stomp n Crush
I've been to Stomp N Crush. Very nice setup and well-organized shop. Owners are very friendly.

I'll also vouch for Zok's. Paul has been brewing for years, and is also friendly and very helpful!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!