Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2010, 06:52 AM  

East Hampton, CT
Ice Sailing/Ice Windsurfing in CT?

I live on a lake and see these guys out there all day flying around. I sail a 27ft Catamaran on the soft, but thinking about picking up an ice boat for the winter. Anyone out there into the sport that's willing to get together and show a sailor something new??

Old 12-27-2010, 01:08 PM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbugbee View Post
I live on a lake and see these guys out there all day flying around. I sail a 27ft Catamaran on the soft, but thinking about picking up an ice boat for the winter. Anyone out there into the sport that's willing to get together and show a sailor something new??
Wish I was, it looks like a blast. I used to live on Coventry Lake and used to sit in front of the picture window and watch those guys race around.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 PM  

waterford, Connecticut
I think it looks cool also. I have seen several people racing on Rogers Lake in Lyme and it looks like a blast. I haven't ever tried it though. Good luck finding a new icing buddy.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:44 PM  

Bridgeport, CT
Same here, I'm a sailing instructor. I've always wanted to try ice boating.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!