Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2010, 09:21 PM  
Tom

I met my wife in Glenbrook. I lived up Newfield Ave behind St Cecila's

Old 11-15-2010, 05:33 PM  

Danbury, ct
Stamford is expensive. North Stamford is an area I would look at. It is still underdeveloped compared to South Stamford but you will pay a pretty penny. I would look at surrounding areas if your commuting. I work at an independent school so if your looking for good schools and don't want to go public I can make some recommendations.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:06 AM  

Trumbull, CT
+1 on Springdale - I lived there as a kid.

I work in Stamford and have many friends in that area. To live in Stamford - you will be paying more taxes for a lower quality school system compared to surrounding areas.

I commute from Trumbull.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 PM  

Stamford is a nice young city, but some people label it "manford" because there are a lot of guys. As you are married, not necessarily a bad thing, and to be honest, I don't believe it really.

It is pretty expensive living, but there are plenty of cheaper options within Stamford. The problem is the location because you have two children. South of the highway is cheaper, but not as safe. I have some friends that live there though and they live in a nice area, so there are some options there.

North Stamford is very nice, but this is the really expensive area. West Stamford is similar to south of the highway. If you are considering a neighboring town, don't go north of Norwalk as the commute to Stamford would be killer. I used to commute from Fairfield and it would take me an hour at the minimum for twenty miles. It is awful.

Start looking early and you should be able to find something, but do expect to spend a little more.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:03 PM  

Fairfield, Ct
its $$$. The south end is going through major socio-economic redevelopement. have herd good things about springdale, glendale and parts of cove area.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.