Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2011, 12:50 PM  

Colchester, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by srad711 View Post
Whats up with the need to join a club to find a spot. Sometimes i just want to be in the dirt not the whole club thing.
Unlike Massachuesetts, there really is no legal areas to go offroading in CT, Like Rubiconrich says, join a Club, most have private property and the only way to wheel on it is to join.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:23 PM  

I'm not much of a club person so I guess I don't get to go offroading in CT. Just one more reason that this state isn't that friendly. It should be called the no fun state. Anything that is fun is against the the law. Keep up the good work Connecticut.

Back in the 70's there used to be a few places that you could go have a little fun with a 4x4. They all pretty much closed back then.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:37 PM  

Shrewsbury,Ma, MA
clubs are the way to go.www.nova4x4.org
Old 03-05-2011, 09:44 AM  
bnl

CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by raze1287 View Post
im pretty sure the main trail at nepaug state forest is legal and paine hill
You might want to do a little more research into Paine Hill. I'm fairly certain it's closed to 4x4's.

Breakneck is getting to be somewhat of a gray area
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM  

Pawcatuck, CT
I realize this thread is a little old, but I figure this is worth a shot...

Would anyone be willing to go in on a group for off roading lessons at Overland Experts? Their website is Off-road driving school. Overland recreational, professional and military training. 4x4 travel. — Overland Experts and their CT school seems pretty awesome. If I can find three more people it'd be $175 for each of us.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:00 AM  
bnl

CT
Why don't you get involved with a club? You can gain a lot of 'trail' knowledge. The majority of club members know what they're doing and can help you out a lot.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM  

Pawcatuck, CT
This is actually intended as a wedding present for my brother. If It were just me I would probably do exactly that!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:01 PM  

meriden, connecticut
I would like to clear up the joining club thing. I do not belong to any club and usually went out to the meadows in rocky hill (by the ferry). Lately some sections had been fenced off but they have dirt bike track in the middle of the fields there. It just occurred to me what a great idea to have piece of land and allow people to dirt bike in it and charge them for it. The best way is to open a club, hence if you look at the club membership, look at that you just paying for the piece of field that they let you ride on. Find one by your area and it's worth 50 bucks, every penny of it, especially in Connecticut where state lands are usually off limits. Once I get my 92 XJ going I will be joining a club for sure. I mean for a price of couple dinners I get 1 year pass to ride in woods without worrying about anything but my truck. These clubs do not have meetings in a sense that you sit and listen to some speech but in sense that lots of them meet every other sunday at the field to show off and it's not mandatory to show up.
I am sure there is at least one offroad club in each bigger town, not to mention the regional clubs.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:04 PM  

Shrewsbury,Ma, MA
www.nova4x4.org list of 4wd clubs

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!