Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 09-13-2010, 03:58 PM  
Looking for the Guru

Litchfield, Connecticut
Welcome to Connecticut

I have lived in Ct all my life, and been to almost every town and large city.
We have plenty of Taxes, good and bad people, and no shortage of traffic.

The Eastern side is probably the quietest,and the shore is the busiest. Up here in the Northern woods is the best, something Norman Rockwell would paint.

Glad to be aboard, and will help out where I'm comfortable.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:14 PM  

Nashville, TN
Where the heck is Litchfield?

Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 PM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
Where the heck is Litchfield?
right here

Old 09-17-2010, 08:02 PM  

Middlebury, Ct.
Yeah, Litchfield is beautiful until storms come. My buddy lives in Kent and out there you better have a generator! We lost power here a few years back when i 1st moved here for 2 days and I went all out and bought a gen and had it hooked up to my panel and havent needed it since. Good to know I have it and glad I havent needed it but wish I had all the money I spent on it all.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:30 PM  
Looking for the Guru

Litchfield, Connecticut
Yup

Yup, the northern area up here gets plenty of bad weather, seems like there is always an alert for somethin.
I just burn my 5 cords of wood in the winter, and have a gennerator for the other long emergencies in the winter....like the well pump needin electricity.
I'm a contractor and I have been all over New England, even had to build a house on Marthas Vineyard and Fishers Island. Grew up in Wilson, basically the north end of Hartford. Then moved out here in the 90s. Lived in Norfolk for 5 years and here the rest. I like it cause all my great freinds are here, I just get tired of the hurry up mentality.....100mph to nowhere fast.
Just watch that oldog guy....he has a warped personality ,not to mention he hangs around with some pretty weird dudes...seen em in Vegas.

Goin to the Kent steam and tractor show tommorrow and Sunday, I love all those antique machines.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:45 PM  

Farmington, CT
I'm from the Northwest corner as well. Born and raised in New Hartford and now living in Farmington after stints in West Virginia and Greater Boston. I know Norfolk very well. Traffic still sucks though not as bad as 128 and 93. I love this state, especially in the spring and fall. So close to NYC and Boston as well. If we could only get the Whalers back!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman View Post
I like it cause all my great freinds are here, I just get tired of the hurry up mentality.....100mph to nowhere fast.

Now you know why I love tennessee

Just watch that oldog guy....he has a warped personality ,not to mention he hangs around with some pretty weird dudes...seen em in Vegas..
Why, thank-you, thank-you very much ( in my best Elvis voice)
Old 10-07-2010, 08:13 PM  

Manchester, Vermont
i was born and raised in the south west part of ct, i know i know fairfield county but i lived in easton where the land was cheap when my parents moved there, unfortunatley had to move out of easton cause of money
Old 10-08-2010, 05:35 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
I'm smack dab in the middle of the state in the oldest town (take that Windsor! ), which also happens to have CT's largest historic district. For better or worse (it definitely cuts both ways!).

My family came over on the Mayflower, settled in CT and we have infected...err...been here ever since.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:40 PM  
hartford jeeper

hartford, ct
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampYankee View Post
I'm smack dab in the middle of the state in the oldest town (take that Windsor! ), which also happens to have CT's largest historic district. For better or worse (it definitely cuts both ways!).

My family came over on the Mayflower, settled in CT and we have infected...err...been here ever since.
Wethersfield is nice. I live in Glastonbury and the drive thru the historic center of wethersfield is worth the trip any time of year. Ice Cream, historic buildings perfect landscaping... picture perfect.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!