Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2010, 04:27 PM  

Norwalk, CT
I like living in Norwalk ,it is a pleasant town

Old 01-03-2011, 05:44 AM  
kid

Milford, CT
I was born and raised in West Haven. When I got married, I packed up and headed west...all the way to Milford

Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 PM  

waterford, Connecticut
I was born and raised and still live in my home town. Love the coast but close enough to the mountains for skiing. Great town to raise a family. I don't ever want to move.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:33 AM  

Wethersfield, CT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Did you know that "Swamp Yankee" is a derogatory term used by British occupiers against us during the American Revolution ? It was started against residents of My home town of Thompson (Originally the North Parish of Killingly )
Leon
Yes, although the true source is unclear. Some think it had to do with the groups of cast-offs and "undesirables" that settled in the swamps of southern New England, some believe it had to do with those hiding in the swamps during the Bristish occupation. I do subscribe to the modern definition, though, essentially a New England hick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Swamp Yankee is a colloquialism that has a variety of meanings. Generally, it refers to Yankees or WASPs (northeasterners with English colonial ancestry) from rural Rhode Island and nearby eastern Connecticut and southeastern Massachusetts. The term "Yankee" connotes urbane industriousness, while the term "Swamp Yankee" signifies a more countrified, stubborn, independent and less refined subtype.
Pretty much fits me to a 'T' except we settled in central CT in the 1600's.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:17 PM  

I grew up in Wilson too. Litchfield is beautiful, but yes it is stormy.

West Simsbury is nice.. quiet..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Connecticut
Bookmark this Page!