Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 07:47 PM  

Dallas, Texas
i would check out highland park, some sweet houses in that area

Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
Some great old homes large and small in and around Rockwall, Including one just south of Square built by my Great Grandfather but not in the family now but recently was beatifully restored by present owners.
Greatings Pandora06!

Hello Intuit!
Yes, there are a lot of historic houses near and around the old part of town. I personally like the plantation-style house a little outside downtown. I have friends that know the family that owns it, massive house on a lot of land.

Old 10-14-2010, 01:32 PM  

Rockwall, Texas
That is a nice place, tastefully done and they continue to make improvements to the property. As of late looks like they may be getting ready to do some major landscaping.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 PM  

Rockwall, Texas
Sorry to get off topic, Pandora06, I requested a spot for Rockwall, but at least 5 requests have to be made!
Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intuit View Post
Sorry to get off topic, Pandora06, I requested a spot for Rockwall, but at least 5 requests have to be made!
I'll try to put in a request as well, then!
Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 AM  

Mesquite, Tx
another newcomer

I am still pretty much a Dallas newbie (actually, I live in Mesquite, but work in downtown Dallas) I have driven around the White Rock area, sorry, I don't know what you call that neighborhood, and have seen some fine old homes. I am a network analyst for a major law firm here and have been to the homes of some of our attorneys out that way to work on their computers. I love driving around and seeing the great old homes.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:32 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoo View Post
I am still pretty much a Dallas newbie (actually, I live in Mesquite, but work in downtown Dallas) I have driven around the White Rock area, sorry, I don't know what you call that neighborhood, and have seen some fine old homes. I am a network analyst for a major law firm here and have been to the homes of some of our attorneys out that way to work on their computers. I love driving around and seeing the great old homes.
I have a friend that is an attorney is Dallas as well. They live in the area you are talking about, Casa Linda, really close to the lake as well as the arboretum. Some of the surrounding areas are kind of sketchy, but the closer you get to Highland Park, the nicer and larger the houses get. Lakewood has some nice houses as well, especially near the golf course.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:14 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
Oak CLiff has some amazing homes and actual hills. Look on the map at Colorado blvd between Plymouth and Beckley. Roads leading North from Colorado have some of the most interesting homes and lots. Windy roads, lots of trees. The area is called Kessler Park and Stevens Park.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 AM  

Rockwall
I'm looking forward to all the lights that will be displayed here in the next week or so. They normally go up the day after Thanksgiving, if not sooner.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:57 PM  

The area around Stevens Park golf course in Oak Cliff has some amazing homes.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.