Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
Dallas is no longer Dry

So we voted for no more "dry" areas in Dallas. Way to go! Now some decent grocers will come to Oak Cliff, and there will be no more "private club" memberships and unicard BS. Way to go, this has been around since prohibition!
For those of you worried about more homeless, uhh, they were already here.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:32 AM  

This is great news. No longer have to become a "member" to drink. Anyone know when this kicks in?

Old 11-23-2010, 01:09 PM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
Good question. I wondered the same myself, when handing my ID to be scanned the other night.
Here is an interesting article:
TABC: Dry Areas Should Get Wet in December. But Lawyer Against Citywide Sales Vows a Fight. - Dallas News - Unfair Park
Old 12-02-2010, 07:54 AM  

Texas
This is pretty awesome news. Then again, I don't live in Dallas anymore... Unicard stuff was always such a pain.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:37 PM  

Dallas
That is good news. Still to a good enough reason for me to move back to Dallas.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:54 AM  

Dallas, Texas
This is good news. maybe someday the TABC will catch up to the rest of the country and lift all of the stupid beer laws and rules. as a craft brew enthusiast, I really want variety in my beer!
Old 01-01-2011, 07:18 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
My local Tom Thumb on Hampton has already installed the refrigerated beer section and installed wood shelves for the wine. They said Jan 4th the area will be stocked.
Dallas is no longer Dry-photo.jpg 

Old 01-10-2011, 08:53 AM  

Dallas, TX
I'm pumped about this, I always hated going into an area i wasn't aware was "dry" and then having to backtrack to go get beer in a "wet" pocket
Old 01-14-2011, 12:24 PM  

Its about time.
I live in New Orleans now, where you can do just about anything with alcohol except drive, but living in Dallas I used to always get bummed out about the times you could/couldn't buy alcohol and the remote areas that sold liquor.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:46 PM  

McKinney, TX
If there is enough money in it, you can bet a city will accept it. Just look at the new toll booths on the Dallas North Tollroad. Does anyone on here remember when the tollroads were originally proposed, they were funded with revenue muni bonds, with the promise that the tolls would exist only until it was built??? Funny how that changed. Now they're building more. Consider how much 1 tollbooth raises in one day. No to mention they've laid off all the tellers, so it's mostly all profit.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!