Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2010, 04:03 PM  

Mesquite, Texas
Favorite local restarurant

Bangkok City is one of the best Thai food restarurants in the city. My whole family loves their Pad Thai.

Old 10-08-2010, 07:02 AM  

The Colony, TX
Anyone know of any off the wall places in the Plano/Frisco area that are not well known? I like to try new places but can't get far from home for a while, wife is about to have a baby at any moment

Old 10-08-2010, 10:40 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorjohn View Post
Bangkok City is one of the best Thai food restarurants in the city. My whole family loves their Pad Thai.
I love it! I get the Tom Kha Gai, it's the best I've ever had. Also, their chicken satay is a really good appetizer to try. Everything I have ever had there is awesome. There is another great Thai food restaurant in Rockwall. It's come to be one of my favorite, they have the best Panang Curry and both their prices and wait-staff are awesome! Definitely stop in if in the area and try the "Rockwall Sushi Roll," you won't be disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigWK View Post
Anyone know of any off the wall places in the Plano/Frisco area that are not well known? I like to try new places but can't get far from home for a while, wife is about to have a baby at any moment
My mom commutes to plano for work. Here is what I have tried...

Clay Pot: Indian food.
Opa!: Greek food in North Dalllas
Big Easy: Cajun food, off Central Express Way
Pei Wei: Japanese, off Preston
Bavarian Grill: VERY good German food, off Parker.
Campisi's: Italian, also off of Parker.
Blue Mesa: Mexican food, Dallas Parkway.

Hope this helps
Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 PM  

McKinney, Texas
The Old Monk off Henderson and 75, if you like good pub food and unique beer selection. Meddlesome Moth off Oak Lawn and 35E is a less of a pub atmosphere, but still has a great beer selection and good food.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:54 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigWK View Post
The Holy Grail Pub, Samui Thai, Ra Sushi, and Sake Toro are some places I like to go when I'm in that area. They're not "off the wall" as much as they are just really good places to eat.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:00 AM  
in need of conical

Dallas, TX
In Oak Cliff, I would recommend
Bolsa (burger is excellent but the menu is much more sophisticated) bolsa | oak cliff
Eno's Pizza Tavern (great food and lots of craft beer) Welcome to the Eno's Pizza Web Site
Gloria's (original location about to move down the street, salvadoran) Glorias Restaurants & Bar
Nova (gastropub) Nova Restaurant Dallas
Zen Sushi www.zensushidallas.com/
Smoke (bbq but creative) www.smokerestaurant.com/
Although it's not in Oak CLiff, it's close enough, my favorite place,
Meddlesome Moth Meddlesome Moth - Now Open Moth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Bee
Old 11-21-2010, 09:36 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavtx View Post
In Oak Cliff, I would recommend
Bolsa (burger is excellent but the menu is much more sophisticated) bolsa | oak cliff
Eno's Pizza Tavern (great food and lots of craft beer) Welcome to the Eno's Pizza Web Site
Gloria's (original location about to move down the street, salvadoran) Glorias Restaurants & Bar
Nova (gastropub) Nova Restaurant Dallas
Zen Sushi www.zensushidallas.com/
Smoke (bbq but creative) SMOKE Restaurant
Although it's not in Oak CLiff, it's close enough, my favorite place,
Meddlesome Moth Meddlesome Moth - Now Open Moth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Beer, Beerknurd, Captain KeithMoth, Dallas, Food, Bee
I second the Meddlesome Moth. Went there last weekend when Divine 10 was on tap, and their tap wall was amazing. They also had great food and OK prices. I plan to return.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 AM  

Rockwall
Snuffers is a good one to try. The original burger joint is on Greenville Ave. and it's supposedly haunted. I am in love with their cheddar fries, my waist line on the other hand...
Old 11-27-2010, 08:34 AM  

PLANO, TX
Bob's steakhouse is the best.... $$$$ but great!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:51 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbowden View Post
Bob's steakhouse is the best.... $$$$ but great!

I had some friends go there the other night, it's delicious but, yes, very expensive!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Dallas
Bookmark this Page!