Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 01:04 PM  

dayton, OH
The main squeeze is a pretty awesome local place to get your brewing supplies from and they are really friendly there.

Old 12-25-2010, 09:50 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewgineers
The main squeeze is a pretty awesome local place to get your brewing supplies from and they are really friendly there.
I've only been there once, but likely won't go again. I was walking into Dayton's Belmont Party Supply a few days before Christmas and as I was entering the store, some lady ( who I assume is the proprietor of the Main Squeeze) slips their business card in my hand and tells me to go there instead. I understand needing to expand your customer base, buy an effort to outright steal them from your competitors store seems dirty to me.

Old 12-28-2010, 01:06 PM  

Dayton, OH
I've not hit up the Main Squeeze yet, but I can't imagine them to be much, if any, better than Belmont. I've been to many homebrew stores and Belmont's Brewtensils (the homebrew side of Belmont Party Supply) is among the best I've seen from Cali to PA. Its a bit disheartening to here of such practices, so I may never make it all the way out to Main Squeeze.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:12 PM  

Dayton, Ohio
Dayton

New to the forum, and am just glad to see a bit of activity coming from the Dayton area. I have been around these parts since 1989, and now reside near the Fairborn area (a must for working at WPAFB). Not the most exciting area, but it could be worse!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:24 PM  

Dayton, OH
Oh, and Belmont Party Supply has a vast selection of imports and craft brews as well. No connection to these businesses I've mentioned other than a very regular customer.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencoat View Post
I've only been there once, but likely won't go again. I was walking into Dayton's Belmont Party Supply a few days before Christmas and as I was entering the store, some lady ( who I assume is the proprietor of the Main Squeeze) slips their business card in my hand and tells me to go there instead. I understand needing to expand your customer base, buy an effort to outright steal them from your competitors store seems dirty to me.
I don't know the proprietor of The Main Squeeze, whether male or female. The times I have been there have always been on summer weekends, stopping for a smoothie during a ride on the bike trail. During those times, probably half a dozen at most, there have always been two guys operating the business. Maybe on one occasion was there a female behind the counter, but my memory is not good enough to say for sure.

It does sound a bit underhanded, but at the same time, atypical for your typical Yellow Springs resident. For those of you who have not been to Yellow Springs, it is in many ways like something out of the sixties, where people are trying to pass along good karma and the like. I suppose it is possible that you were met by a misguided happy customer, but I can understand it putting you off toward the business as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:32 AM  

Piqua
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnemovr View Post
nothing good in dayton other than Wright Patt PX
Wright Patt is going through a huge overhaul....New management, and tons of civilians are about to lose their jobs....sucks...
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 AM  

Piqua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritsak View Post
Dayton does have Belmont Party Supply, which is one of the highest rated beer stores in the nation. You wouldn't know that by visiting though. It's in a sketchy neighborhood and it's pretty dingy inside. However, they do have a great selection of Belgians and tons of microbrews. Another place to check out is Chappy's tap room in West Carrollton. Their food is great and they always have a good selection of beers on tap.
Where is the Belmont Party Supply located? Sounds like a place I should check out!!
Old 01-25-2011, 04:19 PM  

SW Ohio, Ohio
Go Flyers!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:47 AM  

Dayton, Ohio
if one of you Dayton dudes or dude-ettes wins that trailer can i borrow it?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Ohio > Dayton
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.