Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 11:38 AM  

Parker, CO
Trail recommendations?

Can anyone out there recommend some local trails that involve rock crawling without as much cliff or steep drop-off driving?
I like the challenge of rock crawling, but not so much with the cliff or drop-off driving.

I have looked at Tail damage - but want some personal recommendations.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-15-2010, 04:04 PM  
JAFO

Confusion, oregon
Looks like a good thread to read...
Time to get started...

Old 10-15-2010, 05:00 PM  

Conifer, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrackle View Post
Can anyone out there recommend some local trails that involve rock crawling without as much cliff or steep drop-off driving?
I like the challenge of rock crawling, but not so much with the cliff or drop-off driving.

Thanks in advance!
Chinaman Gulch is a great trail for this. Wheeler lake is as well, there are no really steep points but there is a small section of shelf road on Bowling Ball hill.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:26 PM  

Brighton, Colorado
Just got my 01 WJ and hope to find some trails here that the family will enjoy thx for the Links!
Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 PM  

Estes Park, Colorado
if you're going for snow, chains for all four corners are just as needed as lockers. Then you can really get in trouble!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:03 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlivin View Post
if you're going for snow, chains for all four corners are just as needed as lockers. Then you can really get in trouble!
chains ? we dont need no stinkin chains, lol

been here about years now, wheeled every, and I mean every weekend for the first 4 years, never have I used chains.

Me and a friend wanted to know if chains really do help, so he went out and bout a pair, not sure what brand, so we ran up to Yankee Hill, no granted, I did have a rear locker, he did not.
we went as far as he could without the chains, then we put the chains on, he tried to go further, which he did, but he only got like 4 feet with the chains on.

He did say, that the time it took to put the chains on, and for only 4 feet, it wasnt worth it in his opinion, lol
He sold them on ebay the next day,lol

Some people swear by them, Ive never used them, thats the only experiance I have with chains, and it wasnt even on my rig, lol

I tell most people, go buy a set, but try them out before, you actually need them, kind of get use to them, you may like them or may not, worst case, if you dont like them, you can always sell them.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM  
b_c

Denver, Colorado
at Colorado JeepPeople we try to get out and wheel at least once a month...

...besides me (the organizer), there's 4 asst-organizers that also post runs. PLUS, the meetup group benefits from any/all members recommending trails and events. ...a site by the members, for the members.

my name is joe...i hope to see y'all on the trail.

Colorado JeepPeople (Denver, CO) - Meetup
Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 AM  
b_c

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrackle View Post

Thanks in advance!

rampart range to little moab hill. you can rock climb all day there and not take the same line. we were just there not too long ago (see pic) Colorado JeepPeople (Denver, CO) - Meetup

joe
Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM  

Boulder, CO
Lockers? Any body have suggestions on budget lockers and recovery stuff for XJ Cherokee that's my daily driver... i.e. starving student routine? Lincoln lockers don't always work well on snowy roads though...
Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 AM  

Golden, CO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_c View Post
hey there's a cool site for colorado offroaders...

Colorado JeepPeople (Denver, CO) - Meetup

jeep not required...site is totally free. check it out for local rides and such.

b_c
Thanks for the link, always lookin for something new.

Ed

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.