Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
Backpacking Trip

Been searching the internets for backpacking trip around Denver/Boulder. Anyone do any 3 or 4 day trips that are dog friendly and don't require ropes? Got a resource? Appreciate it

Old 03-29-2011, 08:28 AM  

Hey man, a few questions for you: How much distance do you want to cover? How strenuous of a trail are you looking for? What time of year do you want to go? When you say "don't require ropes" do you mean trails that don't require technical climbing?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:37 AM  

Westminster, Colorado
Hey thanks for your response. We're looking at doing something in the range of 15 miles. Nothing terribly strenuous this year as I'm still a noob. From what I've been reading we'll be looking at easy to moderate. And you're correct, by no ropes I mean to say I'm not looking to climb a mountain as much as hike one.

I talked to the map guy at the Denver REI and he turned me on to a pretty good resource so here it is for anyone else who might be interested:

Here's the main site:
Oriconline
Here's the link specifically to hiking trails:
Oriconline Backpacking Trips
Old 04-23-2011, 04:35 PM  
Sarge

Denver, CO.
Try up around Red Feather Lakes and South West of there. Lots of National forests and not too many mountains to hike up.
Sarge

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.