Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 05:27 PM  

Brighton, Colorado
the zoo also offers Sleep at the Zoo night at different times during the year you may wana look into that.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 PM  

Denver, CO
zoo

Once they put the lights up for the holidays, the zoo will be great. I was there a month or so ago, and they are doing a big expansion so lots of the zoo is fenced-off. So after that is finished, I'm looking forward to going back.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:17 PM  

Golden, CO
It may not be the biggest zoo around, but it is well laid out and a lot of fun.

Ron
Old 11-28-2010, 04:33 PM  

This is a great time - You have to see it with the xmas lights...
Old 11-29-2010, 12:41 PM  

Denver, Colorado
It's a good zoo, especially for little kids. No so huge that it takes days to explore but big enough to be enjoyable. The thing I like the most is the staff and caretakers. If they are out and tending to the animals, they all take time to explain what they are doing and answer questions, even when there's not a scheduled exhibit. For sure hit the Tropical Discovery and Primate Panorama; if you make it to those 2 exhibits, you've seen the whole zoo in transit.

The Asian tropics construction does short of make it difficult to get around some of the areas but that will be done in 2012 and the plans look amazing.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:31 PM  

Westminster, Colorado
We have a membership and go quite often. Parking is never a problem, go during the middle of the week when it first opens and you can avoid the crowds. Also do not miss the Zoo Lights.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:17 PM  

The good news about Denver weather is it not hard to find a nice day. So even in January you can visit the zoo.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM  

Anytime of year is a good time for the zoo. We were there just at the zoo last weekend - the weather was actually great and there were no crowds since everyone is in Xmas mode.

The zoo built a parking garage 8 years ago that reaches at least 4 levels down so there's always parking.

I haven't been to many zoos so I don't have much to compare it to but I think its great. My relatives from out-of-state love it and stretched their visit over two days this last summer so that they wouldn't feel rushed with their toddler.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:13 PM  

Denver, Colorado
We have been members for 4 years and we think that Zoo Lights is one of the best times to go! Bundle up!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM  

We always have a goo time at the zoo. Right now it is too cold to do anything for my taste, but it seems like most the animals like the cold weather better than the hot - just my feel.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!