Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2010, 09:37 AM  

denver, co
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora06 View Post
I love boulder, and you're right, there are a ton of different hiking venues with beautiful outlooks. It's hard to find a bad hike in Colorado!
Lots of good hiking within minutes of boulder. I really like bear peak if your looking for something shorter, 2nd flatiron is a good one.

Old 10-09-2010, 04:54 PM  

Denver, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoJeeper View Post
Several nice hikes up in Eldorado Canyon State Park near Boulder.
Here are a couple pics that were taken in Eldorado Canyon

Old 10-12-2010, 08:47 PM  

Littleton, Colorado
I highly recommend Red Rocks, it has some of the most beautiful views and great hiking/biking trails. You can get to it by getting off C470 at Morrison Rd. You will then go through the town of Morrison (One of the coolest towns, I highly recommend walking through it and seeing the stores) and then take the Red Rocks Entrance (Entrance 3 is better, in my opinion).
Old 10-14-2010, 09:30 AM  

Rockwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidg View Post
Lots of good hiking within minutes of boulder. I really like bear peak if your looking for something shorter, 2nd flatiron is a good one.
How long would you say those hikes are, roughly?
Old 10-15-2010, 02:59 PM  

Boulder, CO
Hi for family friendly hikes there's also Grand County. It's chalked full of hiking for any taste. There's also indian peaks wilderness between the front range and grand county where you can find any number of trails for the fam as well.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM  

Estes Park, Colorado
Rocky Mtn Nat'l Park has enough scenery on the trails to use up the batteries in your camera on the first trip.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM  

Denver, CO
hikes

You could always head up to Boulder and hike in the Flatirons, Mt. Sanitas, or up BOulder Canyon a ways. These are relaly nice, quick access hikes.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:44 AM  

Rockwall
White water rafting is also an experience worth considering while you're in Colorado. You have different levels, ranging in classes 1-5, so it can be a family-fun activity as well as a fun, exhilarating one.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:19 AM  

Castle Rock, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightly View Post
I highly recommend Red Rocks, it has some of the most beautiful views and great hiking/biking trails. You can get to it by getting off C470 at Morrison Rd. You will then go through the town of Morrison (One of the coolest towns, I highly recommend walking through it and seeing the stores) and then take the Red Rocks Entrance (Entrance 3 is better, in my opinion).
+1 on what he said. Red Rocks is very nice and it is a very close drive to everything in the denver metro area.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:07 AM  

Denver, Colorado
If you have a dog, evergreen has an awesome dog park and an off leash series of trails, I highly recommend it!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!