Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-18-2010, 10:33 AM  

Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giznad View Post
I found out first hand some years back. Picked up a Ducati 999 and the ignorant bug bit me bad. 147 MPH in a 70, excessive accelleration, wreckless driving and something else. Would have been fine if I wouldn't have ran out of gas. Needless to say, the bike was impouned, I was impounded and I almost lost my license. Let's see, $600 for lawyer, $225 to get bike back and my $550 bond fee.

Just don't speed.

Giz
Wouldn't wreckless driving be a good thing?

Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM  

Brighton, Colorado
20 to 24 mph over here in Colorado is a 6 point ticket and cost me $265. 25+ mph over is a felony if the officer wants to enforce it. I know I was going almost 30 over but was still cited for doing 24 over it was in a 55 on I-70 going with traffic. It's all up to the officer on what they want to do.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM  

Castle Rock, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by loydering View Post
Uh, you're in Colorado. Everyone speeds here. True that 20+ is most likely going to cause issues. Most local or CSP won't pull you over for under 5MPH over. I try not to push it though.
Don't count on that one. Many jurisdictions are using those tickets as a source of revenue - I believe it was Denver that has a line item for it in their budget, and they count on more income from those tickets because they're losing money on so many other sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoJeeper View Post
Get a good radar detector and don't go crazy. Keep it to the speedlimit in town.
Lots o'lasers out there. Just sayin'
Old 02-05-2011, 10:38 AM  

hurley, ny
well im from ny and i personally had a vw i owned impounded by a state tropper for a 70 in a 35 mph zone that was not located near any school what so ever
Old 02-05-2011, 11:01 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjstud View Post
well im from ny and i personally had a vw i owned impounded by a state tropper for a 70 in a 35 mph zone that was not located near any school what so ever
Why exactly was it impounded? It should say exactly why in your paperwork.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:57 PM  

hurley, ny
reckless driving, failer to yeild and endangering the welfare of a miner cause i went around a bus ( the bus wasnt stop ).
Old 02-05-2011, 02:18 PM  

Most states have a provision that two or three violations constitute "reckless" driving, which is an offense which allows for the impounding of your vehicle. If you were caught just speeding, I don't believe your car would have been impounded....at least not in California.

I understand laws vary from state to state, and I was just curious how the other states operate. Thanks for the information.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 AM  

Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjstud View Post
reckless driving, failer to yeild and endangering the welfare of a miner cause i went around a bus ( the bus wasnt stop ).
What was a bus doing in a mine?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:39 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Zing!! Got em.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-17-2011, 11:15 AM  

Morrison
Don't get caught, GO FASTER>

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.