Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 07:17 PM  

Cleveland, OH
Looking to relocate to Denver....

Long story short, I live in Cleveland, OH and me and my family are looking to relocate to Denver. I currently own a small IT consulting company (Microsoft partner) and that is really the only thing keeping me in Cleveland right now.

I guess I have a few questions:

1. What are some great companies in the Denver / Colorado Springs / Boulder areas?

2. Anyone here have any contacts in the IT field?

3. Anyone ever just relocated on their own (I mean without a current employer moving them) and have any suggestions on what I should do and in what order? As you can imagine, the housing market here in Cleveland is complete CRAP. I don't know if I should put the house up, wait for it to sell, then blindly move without a job or look for a job first, maybe temporarily live in Denver on my own until we sell the house, then have the family join me out there?

Any help / suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:25 AM  

Golden, CO.
Can't answer your questions on the IT biz, but if I was in your shoes I'd cash-out totally in Cleveland then hit the road west.

Old 10-19-2010, 08:49 AM  

Tucson, AZ
My suggestion, if you can do it, is to somehow delay the move.

One, you can't sell your house right now, and two, you've got a business and income.

If you can hold tight for just one more year, you can then take a reading on where the economy is, especially after the election. It would also give you some time, preferably in the summer, to spend a week in Denver and do some scouting (like Gen Custard should have done).
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM  

Cleveland, OH
Is Gen Custard a member here? Did he accidentally wind up picking a house in the ghetto?
Old 10-19-2010, 09:35 PM  

Laramie/Aurora, Wyoming/Colorado
I dont think thats a member but a historical figure....i could be wrong though since idk all the members here
Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 AM  

Houston, TX
we may relocate from houston in a year or two. we plan to look heavily for jobs, put house on market. if and when it sells, we plan to move to denver area and just rent for 6 months while we find the exact place in town we want to live. we have enough saved, we could go for a couple months if both of us didn't have jobs, but we're hoping at least one of us does and that should pay all the bills. wife is a counselor in high school, so hopefully not too hard, cause she can teach if necessary.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM  
San Diego Native

OB - San Diego, CA
Custard is a dessert.

Custer was a General.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.