Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 PM  
San Diego Native

OB - San Diego, CA
Thinking of relocating to Denver

My family is originally from Colorado, and after spending my entire 30 years in San Diego, I'm thinking of a change of scenery.

My GF and I love old historic brick homes... early 1900s. What areas of Denver have these homes lasted? Do they tend to be in rough areas? I see a few in the North Capitol Hill and Whittier, what are these areas like?

Also, we are from an area of San Diego known as Ocean Beach... This is a hippie type community (although we aren't hippies), with laid back friendly people... Yeah I told you we are from California... I know Boulder has this vibe, are there historic homes there as well? Is there anywhere in Denver with an artsy, small shops, quirky bars type of feel?

Thanks in advance...
Jeff

Old 11-19-2010, 06:38 AM  

georgetown, colorado
stay in california. kthnx

Old 11-19-2010, 10:52 AM  
San Diego Native

OB - San Diego, CA
kthnx,

Hopefully you are driving behind me on your way to work when I and trying to learn how to drive in the rain, or that other stuff when its colder... what's it called, snaw? snough? whatever... I'll just drive really fast so I can avoid getting into an accident.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:14 AM  

georgetown, colorado
make sure you have 4wd or awd so when you drive really fast youre invincible and cant wreck
Old 11-20-2010, 09:57 AM  

Denver, Co
I vote Georgetown so that you and Elan can be neighbors.

Boulder definitely has that vibe, but its a fairly expensive, rich area. Lots of shops and art. I suggest you do what I did and drive around the area to find somewhere that fits you. Denver area has many many different types of communities all within an hour drive.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:54 PM  
San Diego Native

OB - San Diego, CA
I'll be driving a Scion with bald tires...

Georgetown looks pretty nice, I'll certainly drive through on my next visit.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:16 PM  

georgetown, colorado
enjoy the wind
Old 11-22-2010, 02:44 PM  

Denver, Colorado
All that aside.... I would say that the Highlands (not Highlands Ranch) will closest match that. There are many great areas here. Being a California Transplant myself... I love it here.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:32 PM  

Denver, Colorado
Park Hill, Washington Park, Bonnie brae - All nice and pricey neighborhoods with lots of brick homes. Not necessarily the age you're looking for though.

Highlands is nice. Lots of renovation going on there these days.

Capital Hill, Whittier and 5 points have some incredible houses but higher crime rates.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:39 AM  

Kingwood, Texas
I'm getting ready to relocate also, except mine is for work. Looking at buying in the Castle Rock area

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads