Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2011, 12:03 PM  

Castle Rock, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugsfan View Post
Wouldn't you rather get on a plane that you know is safe?
Do you truly believe that reacting to the last threat with inefficient measures and incompetent people is truly what makes the plane safe?

70% failure rate at finding threats in nation-wide testing. Yeah, that makes me feel safe.

Refusing to allow a WWII Marine veteran who earned the Medal of Honor to fly, because his medal "could be used as a weapon" ... yeah, that makes me feel comfortable with the intelligence of the trained monkeys at TSA. Sheesh.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:27 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So what would be efficient? And do you think everyone at TSA is incompetent - is that honestly your argument?

The testing numbers I've seen have been much different than your '70% failure rate.' Where'd you find that information from?

Also, where'd you get that story about the Marine Vet being turned away? I'm a Marine, so that'd particularly interest me.

Around here, we generally put links to back up our arguments/statements.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-15-2011, 12:40 PM  

Castle Rock, Colorado
Reference to the 70% failure rate at identifying banned items: TSA MESS UP: Businessman Boards Plane With Loaded Gun - KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho | But I can't seem to locate the actual article(s). Doubleplusungood?

Marine Ace, General Joe Foss was hassled by TSA monkeys because of his Medal. snopes.com: Joseph J. Foss Medal of Honor

As a Marine, tell me which is better: Security Theater that reacts to the last threat by making the people perform ridiculous actions, or true security that involves reducing the next threat on the horizon? One moron with an incomplete bomb in his tighty-whities can be used as a tool to inconvenience millions of passengers, and cause TSA to spend billions reacting to it. Are we being proactive and looking at current and upcoming threats, or simply reactive by making everyone put their liquids in Ziplocs and tread barefoot over the same ground as the guy with foot funk just did?

Semper Fi,
Jim
Sgt, USMC
Old 01-15-2011, 12:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm all in favor of having to strip to your undies before you even go through security, so I don't know if I'm the right guy to ask that sort of question to. I don't think any of this is ridiculous - I don't think it's even close to what we need to be doing.

How would you say we could counteract to the next threat? People are already whining so much about the current measures - how could we possibly move forward with something else?

Old 01-15-2011, 02:56 PM  

Jake, I hear you strip down to your underwear when you go through a turnstyle at a movie theater!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:27 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
ZINGGG!

That's an amazing smiley, by the way!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM  

I go through it - rather that than the pat down. No big deal if you have to, only thing is you can't have anything in your pockets (not just metal, nothing!)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Colorado > Denver
Bookmark this Page!